Can't add (some) new series

Sonarr version (exact version):
2.0.0.4836 - Jun 21 2017
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Windows 7
((Debug logs)):

Description of issue:
I can’t add a new series, not any series, just some…for example “doctor who” (2005). There is no message error, but in Chrome console I can find this error message:
{
“message”: “Caratteri non validi nel percorso.”,
“description”: “System.ArgumentException: Caratteri non validi nel percorso.\r\n in System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path, Boolean checkAdditional)\r\n in System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)\r\n in NzbDrone.Core.Tv.AddSeriesService.AddSeries(Series newSeries) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Tv\AddSeriesService.cs:riga 51\r\n in NzbDrone.Api.Series.SeriesModule.AddSeries(SeriesResource seriesResource) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Api\Series\SeriesModule.cs:riga 119\r\n in NzbDrone.Api.REST.RestModule1.<set_CreateResource>b__41_0(Object options) in M:\\BuildAgent\\work\\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\\src\\NzbDrone.Api\\REST\\RestModule.cs:riga 155\r\n in CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Func2 , Object )\r\n in Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)”
}
thanks

Are you importing an existing series on disk or adding a new one?
What path is being used when adding the series?

Importing a new series on any path

What path are you using? Based on the error message the path contains an illegal character so it fails.

For example “D:” of "D:\video\da vedere"
I think the problem is on the name of the series that is using to create the folder, if it tries to… Not on my path

Nothing in Doctor Who (2005) is invalid, but neither is anything in the path you posted that I can tell.

Have you tried setting the series root folder to another path? Removing and readding the root folder?
Creating the series folder on disk then importing?
What is your Series folder format set to in media management settings?

Yeah I found out that I can create the folder manually and then import. I just can’t understand why it doesn’t want to add in the normal way…
Thanks

Have you set the Series Folder format?

Yes like this:
{Series Title}|Marvel’s {Series Title}
and the “Replace Illegal Characters” option to YES
and the “Create empty series folders” option to NO

That’s your problem… not sure what you’re trying to do there, but it’s not going to work. | is an illegal character in paths.

That’s it! problem solved!
I’ve found that syntactic reading some forums…at the start I didn’t know the “import” procedure, so I said here that when I add a new series, sonarr can find the existing folder from the name of the series “OR” the name of the series with “Marvel’s” as prefix; so then it can scan the folder looking for seasons and episodes.
Thank you very much and sorry for the troubles.

If the import fails you can fix the search that is is doing, but there isn’t a way to automate it like that.

Glad it’s sorted for you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.