Cannot Rescan Series using API by SeriesID

Sonarr version 4.0.1.1131:
Debian 12 > Docker:

When invoking the API to refresh a Series using the SeriesID, the command fails with an error stating the Series ID does not exist.

This example would refresh “Ancient Aliens”

curl -X POST http://IPADDRESS:8989/api/v3/command --header “X-Api-Key:APIKEY” -H ‘Content-Type: application/json’ -d '{“name”:“RescanSeries”,“SeriesId”:‘101501}’

{
“name”: “RescanSeries”,
“commandName”: “Rescan Series”,
“body”: {
“seriesId”: 101501,
“sendUpdatesToClient”: true,
“updateScheduledTask”: true,
“completionMessage”: “Completed”,
“requiresDiskAccess”: false,
“isExclusive”: false,
“isLongRunning”: false,
“name”: “RescanSeries”,
“trigger”: “manual”,
“suppressMessages”: false
},
“priority”: “normal”,
“status”: “queued”,
“result”: “unknown”,
“queued”: “2024-02-19T10:14:00Z”,
“trigger”: “manual”,
“sendUpdatesToClient”: true,
“updateScheduledTask”: true,
“id”: 331376

The Exact Error:

2024-02-19 10:14:00.1|Error|CommandExecutor|Error occurred while executing task RescanSeries

[v4.0.1.1131] NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.ModelNotFoundException: Series with ID 101501 does not exist
   at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.BasicRepository`1.Get(Int32 id) in ./Sonarr.Core/Datastore/BasicRepository.cs:line 104
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.DiskScanService.Execute(RescanSeriesCommand message) in ./Sonarr.Core/MediaFiles/DiskScanService.cs:line 277
   at NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandExecutor.ExecuteCommand[TCommand](TCommand command, CommandModel commandModel) in ./Sonarr.Core/Messaging/Commands/CommandExecutor.cs:line 116
   at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecuteVoid3[T0,T1,T2](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
   at NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandExecutor.ExecuteCommands() in ./Sonarr.Core/Messaging/Commands/CommandExecutor.cs:line 42

The command works fine if I refresh the entire Library by omitting the SeriesID parameter

A Series ID of 101501 implies that you have added over one hundred thousand series to Sonarr, which seems very unlikely. Are you using TheTVDB ID of 101501 instead of Sonarr’s Series ID?

Thank you. I didn’t realise it was the internal ID. I thought it was the ID used to identify the show on TVDB.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.