Cannot get Sonarr to move media once downloaded

Sonarr version (exact version): Version 3.0.10.1567

Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): Mono Version 6.12.0.199
Debug logs:
Description of issue: Sonarr does not move files once downloaded

Please let me start off by saying I have followed Trash guides for Native setup. I followed the folder structure suggested exactly. I have read other posts on this subject as well but I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I apologize in advance for the redundancy.

I have configured Sonarr, Radarr, Prowlarr and Transmission. I make a request for a tv show through Prowlarr and I see Transmission picks it up and downloads it successfully. However, it does not download it into a folder based on category. This is not a Sonarr issue just trying to be descriptive as possible.

My folder structure on my external drive is as follows:

Volumes
|
Elements
|
data
├── torrents
│ ├── books
│ ├── movies
│ ├── music
│ └── tv
├── usenet
│ ├── incomplete
│ └── complete
│ ├── books
│ ├── movies
│ ├── music
│ └── tv
└── media
├── books
├── movies
├── music
└── tv

As Trash guides suggests.

The tv show does download into the folder /Volumes/Elements/data/torrents.

Sonarr is configured as below:

I know I am overlooking something. Some assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, how did you get to install the app? Termina is not signing the application for me in sonoma :frowning:

I was hoping someone else would reply to you since I don’t use Prowlarr and it is possible I am unaware of something in a setup that includes it. I don’t want to leave you hanging so I will go over how Sonarr and the download client interact and hopefully it can lead you to what you may have missed.

In general, Sonarr is configured with the ability to interact with the download client to facilitate adding new media to download and also monitor the status of media that the download client is handling. The first thing you need to solve is how Sonarr knows that a particular download is intended for it and not for instance Radarr. That is achieved by the use of categories inside the download client configuration in Sonarr. In my case, I am using qBittorrent with Sonarr so I have a client configured for it…

Notice that I have told Sonarr to use the category “sonarr” with this download client.

When new media is added to qBittorrent from Sonarr it is added with this category assigned to it. Sonarr has a periodic scanner that queries all of its configured download clients (in my case I have both a torrent and a usenet download client) for the status of downloads that match the category Sonarr has configured for the download client. When Sonarr sees that a particular download has been completed that matches its category, it initiates retrieval from the download client to the series folder path. It will even do this for downloads that Sonarr has not put in the download client itself as long as the category is correct and it can match the download to a monitored series.

I suspect the issue you are having is related to category mismatch as Sonarr will treat them as if they don’t exist in this case. Radarr works in the exact same way so obviously, I use the category “radarr” when I configure the download client in it to keep things simple.

Hey thank you for the input. I was able to figure this out. I did not map Transmission correctly in my compose file.

Incorrect mapping was:

/Volumes/Elements/data/torrents:/downloads

Correct mapping is:

/Volumes/Elements/data/torrents:/data/torrents

Glad you have it working.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.