Can Sonarr store files on a different machine than it is running on?

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5344
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

I running Sonarr on Synology using DownLoad station on the Synology as the Download Client. My NAS drive is getting full. I’d like to keep running Sonarr on the Synology but have it store downloaded content on a drive in my PC. When I select Path for a particular show, then select the up arrow and …, I get to the root directory of the NAS drive. I can’t see my PC or the network. Can Sonarr only move files to the same drive it is running on (or at least the same machine)? Is there any way to get it to see my PC and store files on a drive there?

I run mine on C:\ and it looks at T:\ for processed files and moves them to D:\ so yes it can handle drives fine. I would guess however those drives need to be mapped or mounted.

OK. I think we’re talking about two different things though. I’m not talking about saving to a different drive on the same machine that it’s on (i.e. it’s running on my PC C: drive but I want it to save to the D: drive).

I’m talking about Sonarr is running on my Synology but I want it to save the files to a drive on my PC.

When I go to a particular program and select Path, I can only go up as high as the root drive of my Synology. I cannot see any of the drives on my PC. Therefore I can’t select an of the PC drives as a target to save new shows.

I answered your question with an explanation and example instead of a simple “yes” or “no” and let you figure it out.

Anyways, what you are wanting to do is a syno related question of the syno accessing your PC. If your syno can access it, Sonarr should be able to as well (given proper permissions)

Blockquotewhat you are wanting to do is a syno related question of the syno accessing your PC. If your syno can access it, Sonarr should be able to as well

Yes, that is my question. Maybe I didn’t articulate it well. I know how to map the Synology/NAS from my PC. I know I can run Sonarr on the PC and save files to the Synology harddrives.

My question is, can it be done the other way around. Can Sonarr running on the Synology save files to the PC’s harddrives? If so, how?

Yes, it will work. I have Plex and all of my drives on one machine. I have Sabnzbd, Sonarr and Radarr on a server with limited space (definitely a different machine). I use Fedora Server edition on both machines. I have the Plex machine export the drives (5 internal and 4 external hdd’s) to the server with Sonarr. That machine mounts the drives under /media/nfs automacally for me. Everything is sent to those drives and they are picked up by Plex. On the server I have only one drive with the OS on it. Buy mounting the drives using NFS they do not take up any storage space. I also have the Plex drives exported to my desktop machine so I can keep a closer eye on them.
What you want to do is completely feasible but having never used Syno I can’t help you to map your drives.
Hope this helps,
john

Thanks John. I’ve never used Sabnzbd or Radarr. What do those do for you that Sonarr can not?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.