Can I get a copy of Sonarr 3?

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

I have been trying to set up a new drive using the new version of Sonarr because my old drive crashed. There are so many changes involved that I’m going insane trying to create it.

Can I please get a copy of Sonarr 3 so I can work in a familiar environment, and then update it to Sonarr 4 when it’s finished. If not, I’m seriously considering moving to different software.

Nope, we no longer support v3

The differences between v3 and v4 shouldn’t be drastic enough that you can’t get up and going on v4 directly and if you have a backup from v3 you can restore it in v4.

What exactly are you having issues with on v4?

I finally got it working for the most part.

The problem that I’m having now involves the renaming the files (primarily because there is no obvious “save” option), and then getting the episodes into the correct folders. Right now, everything is collecting in the Complete folder and never moves.

Sonarr version (exact version) : 4.0.4.1491
.NET Version) : Yes (6.0.13)
Debug logs :
Description of issue : Everything is collecting in the Complete folder

Sounds like you haven’t completed even the most basic of setup steps. Read through the wiki

https://wiki.servarr.com/sonarr

Not Helpful

Actually it should be helpful, and not everyone is aware that it exists. Which is why I linked it.

Also because the issues you have mentioned so far point to things that should be addressed by reading through the wiki, following the Quick Start setup and then for particular issues search to see if they’ve been addressed.

In v4, there should be a Save button right at the top of every settings page.
Screenshot 2024-05-04 114755

And Completed Download Handling should be enabled in order to move your downloaded files to your Root folder (which as noted should be enabled by Default) https://wiki.servarr.com/en/sonarr/system#enable-completed-download-handling So if they are not moving then it’s possible you don’t have Categories setup in your download client. You’ll want to check that. You will also need to manually import anything that has already downloaded in order to move them from Completed.

So again; please read through the wiki, follow the guide, maybe try and find a Mac focused video you can follow. And if after that you are still having issues, come back and provide details of where you’re stuck and what you have already tried yourself to fix your own issue. Screenshots of your settings etc. can help. Depending on the issue/error logs may be required.

I’m aware. I’ve read the complete wiki 3 or 4 times. However, the pages that point to the specific problems I’m having no longer exist. I’ve been using Sonarr since the second version. The specific problems I’m having were never a problem in version 2 or 3. So when I read that versions 3 and 4 are not that different, I respectfully disagree. Some problems might even be the result of running MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 — issues that never presented while running Catalina.

I’ve used the SAVE button you pointed out every single time, and each time I wondered whether it actually works or not. I’ve also thought that it was a very strange position for a save button to occupy. Most save buttons are usually located at the end of the page – after the changes are made, not before. I thought its location was just a wee bit counterintuitive.

I do have a specific question though. Exactly what is Sonarr looking for in the Download Client Settings for Category? It doesn’t seem to like tv… And the wiki doesn’t provide any specifics whatsoever. Although it says placing something there isn’t required, it still shows either a test failure or a test warning. Thus, it’s definitely required. (I’m using SABNzbd for a download client.)

You also have to create the same category in sabnzbd…

so unprofessional. just like your username.

Isn’t that a flag that indicates one need choose which app is doing the sorting? either the Indexer or the DL Client? At least that’s the way it seems to work for me.

https://trash-guides.info/Downloaders/SABnzbd/Paths-and-Categories/