Calendar marked as missing when actually downloaded - Category issue

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.7.1477

For quite a long time I’ve had this issue that episodes were downloaded successfully, yet they were marked as missing in Calendar.
A bit weird for me was that some episodes were marked as Downloaded, while others were marked as missing.
Only today I discovered that if I change the “Category” of the torrent from within the torrent client (qbittorrent in this case) prior to Sonarr task that checks for finished downloads had a chance to run, Sonarr will not be able to mark the episode as downloaded.
As soon as I changed some of the “missing” episodes Category back to how it was when downloaded, Sonarr marked the episode as Downloaded.

Example: episodes downloaded by Sonarr are in RSS Category.(setup in Download Client)
Once downloaded, I manually copy them to another location and process them with another software.
To know which ones I have already processed, I manually change the Category to Done.

Any setting I am missing that can make Sonarr not check torrent after it was already downloaded?
Or maybe, any way to make Sonarr mark episodes sooner as downloaded so that me changing the Category will not mess up the downloaded status?

Thank you.

Once downloaded, I manually copy them to another location and process them with another software.
To know which ones I have already processed, I manually change the Category to Done.

This workflow is not supported.

It sounds like you should disable completed download handling in Sonarr and live with the permanent healthcheck as you don’t wish to use Sonarr’s automation and organization?

Downloaded is a status meaning Sonarr has imported the episode on disk and nothing relating to if something was grabbed. Otherwise if the episode is wanted and missing then it is always missing.

Or maybe, any way to make Sonarr mark episodes sooner as downloaded so that me changing the Category will not mess up the downloaded status?

This has no relation to downloaded status at all. No you cannot manually make Sonarr believe a file exists when it doesn’t; you can unmonitor the episode and tell sonarr you want nothing to do with it.

Thank you for reply.

“No you cannot manually make Sonarr believe a file exists when it doesn’t”
No clue where you got that one.
I am not moving, deleting or renaming the downloaded file. I said I am copying the file to another location.
All I am doing is changing the Category in qbittorrent after the download finishes. All torrent files remain unchanged and in their original location.

Torrent files have nothing to do with Sonarr’s library.

Is sonarr importing the episode? If not then it will always be missing.

Yes, the missing episodes are imported into the destination folder structure.
Seems like torrent files do have something to do with Sonarr’s library, or at least with the Calendar’s download status.
As soon as I change the torrent Category back to original value, in this case RSS, the status of the episode in Sonarr’s Calendar changes from Missing to Downloaded.
I guess the best way to explain this is to record a video next time it happens.

If the episodes are missing on the calendar then they are missing and not in the library or it’s a UI glitch that a quick F5 would fix.

The former can be identified by reviewing the episode history for the series in Sonarr.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.