Burned in subtitles vs SRT files

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.9.1549

Hello,

Been digging around and apologies if this has been asked/answered previously.

Is there anyway to detect or define (either with quality, language or release profiles) when a video contains burned in subtitles in the desired language?

The issue is what I have a show that is in “english” all is good but if there are a handful of scenes spoken in Russian or some other language, sometimes (most of the time) there are no burned in subtitles and have to pause, turn on subtitles and then turn them off again or the entire show will contain subtitles.

Some released appear to already have burned it subtitles for just that particular moment, but I cannot seem to determine how to make the distinction or define that anywhere in my profiles.

Does this make sense?

If the release names don’t contain a keyword to indicate this: impossible.
Otherwise, you could use preferred words / release profile to restrict that show to only download releases containing a particular word, as you indicate. Note that this works on the entire name, so if a particular release group fits your needs, you can use the group name as a “must contain” word.

Thank you. I had a feeling that was going to be the answer. Much appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.