Bring BACK the color-coded calendar! (at least as an option)

My aging eyes DON’T appreciate the razor’s-edge colored lines now used to denote the status of your downloads. The previous design was elegantly simple, and the entire week’s activity was visible at a glance, even in thumbnail. A green screen = success.

NOW…squint & strain…is that tiny line associated with the program to its left, or its right. And FORGET about anything smaller than full-screen; thumbnail view- not a chance.

Hell, look at sonarr.tv’s opening webpage. Just try swapping a 2" version of the new calendar into the website.

3 Likes

And YES, I tried the ‘color impaired mode’ setting. It’s as though the goal- was to make the information as subtle as possible…NOT a move in the right direction, when the real PURPOSE of the screen is to relay that very information.

I also would like this.
As mentioned as an option would also be great.
The calendar in v2 was easier when have a quick look and see what is downloaded and what not.

I would love a old guy version of the calendar as well :sweat_smile:

I agree an option to use the website hime page with background colors would be great can let people choose between the 2 ways!
Thank you,
Bryan

I couldn’t agree more! As a color blind person, trying to distinguish those thin strips of color 9n the calendar view is nearly impossible. Anything that works make those distinctions more obvious works be an extremely helpful step towards better accessibility.

Yes, please bring back the option to show more color. I’d also like to see the status of my calendar at a glance.

Old (top) is WAY better Than New (bottom) for calendar color wise and can we PLEASE have filter by tag or profile on calendar.

I like the new layout just add the colored episode background from before and make the hatching more obvious or have different patterns for the color blind users thanks.

Can you find the one aired episode (colour blind mode is on too which I think makes it worse because the hatch is so light and just vertical lines)

do devs even read threads? Reidflix images show the glaring issue. It’s all about eyeflow.

Reading a floodwall of

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Makes as much sense to the mass of ᶠᵒʳᶜᶦⁿᵍ ᵐᶦᶜʳᵒᵗᵉˣᵗ ᵃˢ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈᵃʳᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵃˡˡ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᶦᵗ’ˢ ᵖʳᵉᶠᵉʳʳᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ᵒⁿᵉ ᵈᵉᵛᵉˡᵒᵖᵉʳ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉⁿᵈ ᵘˢᵉʳ ʲᵘˢᵗ ⁿᵉᵉᵈˢ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ ᶦᵗ.

I haven’t tested it yet, but it looks like the developers added this on March 29th to the develop branch: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/commit/0210b5c5c1b5c56dce6f4c9f3f56366adba950d3

1 Like

This was supposedly included in the last update (I got the notification yesterday, or maybe the day before I forget now) but I can’t find the feature anywhere.

How do you get the old color scheme back??

EDIT: Nevermind I found it. You have to click Options from the calendar page itself, its not in the Settings page where you would likely expect it to be.

1 Like

I just wanted to close-out this thread- by saying “Thanks” to the guy(s) at Sonarr. I honestly did not expect my plea…to receive any sort of response. I was actually expecting ridicule within the forum. I’m very humbled to have made any sort of difference in Sonarr’s evolution, and impressed with the response. So much so, that after I close-out this comment, I’m gonna make a donation. Thanks- for hearing me AND for responding!

2 Likes

By the way, I’m finding that occasionally the full-colour calendar spontaneously reverts back to the newer style with just the thin coloured strips down the edge, and I have to go into the calendar options and change it back.

Sounds like you/something in your browser is clearing local storage which will reset all UI settings.

I’m not sure what would be doing this. Restarting the browser doesn’t reset the setting. I use the Cookie AutoDelete extension, but I have Sonarr whitelisted within it. And it seems to be just the full colour calendar option that occasionally gets reset - all other UI settings persist, as far as I can tell.

Much Better Thank You!
Click on the options in the top right to get.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.