Block specific size files

I have noticed over the last several weeks that ANY file that claims to be 512 megs is actually anywhere from a 1,000 megs to 4 gigs. It gets annoying having to remove them from Deluge and the disk and manually replace them. Is there any way in the future to make it possible to block certain size files. A good example is I manually search one show to replace one of these files and more than half the search results were for files claiming they were 512. I’d raise a stink on the scene, but they don’t seem to care. They have to be aware of the issue, but still copy from them and rename them to their group.

Sounds like an indexer issue - https://github.com/search?q=repo%3AJackett%2FJackett+"512+MB"+language%3AYAML&type=code

It’s not, other than some IDIOT or IDIOTS are doing it deliberately, and as usual others are stealing their work and claiming it as their own and posting it. That said you still didn’t say if it’s possible to create such a feature. I should have mentioned that I’m running Prowlarr with Radarr and Sonarr.

Can you give an example of the indexer(s) and series you’re seeing this for?

Prowlarr uses Jackett’s definitions (for the most part), so the same results are returned for that search in both repos - https://github.com/search?q=repo%3AProwlarr%2FIndexers+“512+MB”+language%3AYAML&type=code

Not off the top of my head, but it will happen again. I will bet on that. I don’t have time now, but either later today or tomorrow morning I’ll do a search for past episodes and grab some to see if it’s all 512’s or just some and let you know what results I get.

I forgot I can add that the other day I went directly to TorrentGalxy to grab an episode and didn’t notice it was 512, and sure enough once it hit Deluge it said it was over a gig instead of 512 megs.

OK I actually found some time to do it now and you may be on to something. I just tried A Murder At The Top Of The World S01E07 and instead of being 512 megs it’s actually 1,021.7 and Vigil S02E06 and instead of being 512 megs it’s 803.3. Both are ShowRSS.

Like I said:

So is there a way that can be blocked, besides removing ShowRSS?

No. They’re just reposting TGx and EZTV anyway.

Well, It seems to only be ShowRSS and not TGX or EZTV so it seems it is something specific to them and not other sites. I have disabled them in both Radarr and Sonarr, but left them in Prowlarr.

Yes, because their RSS feed doesn’t provide file size, so a default of 512MB is used instead.

So am I just better off disabling RSS altogether, and if so will I take any real hit when the programs do their searches?

If you’re concerned about the file sizes then yes. If you’re using TGx and EZTV then no, you’re not missing anything by getting rid of ShowRSS.

So by disabling ShowRSS I by rights should have addressed my issue?

EDIT:

Answered my own question. Just did an interactive search for A Murder At The Top Of The World S01E07 with ShowRSS disabled and not one 512 meg file listed. Thanks ever so much for the help, greatly appreciated.

Hope your holidays are wonderful.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.