Automatic searching after failed download fails

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.2.570
Description of issue:
Once in a while when a usenet download fails, Sonarr will discard all the nzbs from the indexes. After enabling debug I found this to be the cause:
Debug|DownloadDecisionMaker|Release rejected for the following reasons: [Permanent] Release in queue is of equal or higher preference […]
where the found quality is the same as the nzb that was in the queue but just failed.

If I start the automatic search again it will find and download the next nzb. It seems to me there is a timing issue, where Sonarr thinks that the nzb that failed is still in the queue. I think it happens more frequently if several nzbs fail to download in a short timespan (the next fails before it has had time to do a new search for the first that failed) but I’m not sure about that.

I’m using SABnzbd for downloading.

This is not specific to v3, but is known and tracked on github already.

If anyone is interested I hacked it by disabling “Post-Process Only Verified Jobs” and adding a sleep script in Sab, which delays the job for 70 seconds if the download failed. It seems to prevent the downloads from being skipped.

In Windows you can make a sleep.cmd post processing script like this:

@echo off
IF %7 NEQ "0" (
    ping -n 70 127.0.0.1 > NUL
)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.