(Automatic) Manual Import Moves instead of Copies (hardlink)

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5344
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Description of issue: When using the Manual Import -> Automatically Import Files functionality, it Moved my files instead of linking (via copy).
I noticed that it also defaults to Move in he Manual Import -> Manual Import menu, even though the behavior for the anything automated is Copy/Link.

My expectation was that the automatic import would function like the automated import done when it detects and pulls down episodes on its own. This just moved 173GB of files out of their seed directory.

It is also frustrating that the move/copy list box for manual/manual is on the bottom of the page instead of the top. This modal can be much longer than the existing view when complete series are being imported.

(I cannot pull debug logs because debug was not enabled when I ran this, and I can’t re-run it at this time. The only logs are the deletion logs due to no recycle bin)

Both of these things are improved in v3.

1. Automatic Import is renamed to Move Automatically, because that’s what it will always do, there is no download associated with it, thus not able to determine if it should copy instead.

2. The modal footer is always shown, including those options.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.