Automatic Manual import fails (but manual manual import works fine)

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5085
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.2.3
Debug logs:
Trace: https://hastebin.com/hiloqugura.cs
Debug: https://hastebin.com/iqucaxesum.rb

Description of issue:

In the Wanted/Manual Import screen, using the “Import File(s) Automatically” button has no effect, but using the “Manual Import” button brings up a list of episodes with series titles and episode numbers properly parsed. I just have to click the confirm button to complete the import.

I believe the relevant log entry is this:
18-1-19 07:25:37.2|Debug|Api|[POST] /api/command: 201.Created (9 ms)
18-1-19 07:25:37.2|Debug|Parser|Parsing string 'IRC’
18-1-19 07:25:37.2|Debug|Parser|Unable to parse IRC
18-1-19 07:25:37.2|Debug|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Unknown Series IRC

My source directory is set to /data/Complete/IRC, and the issue seems to be very similar to this issue from 2015.

Automatic import is meant for a single folder for a single release or series, which is why it fails to process that folder path. It’s not meant to mimic Drone Factory’s behaviour.

Well that is enlightening… Why not make it automatically import everything it can?
Since the thread is answered, hopefully I can at my twist…

I recently started having a problem after moving all series to a new drive where I have to manually import series. I shut down sonarr, moved the data, then edited each series to point to the new default path. I then found the page to change all these settings at once (doah). It sometimes works… Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Also, when manually importing, some series I have to manually tag. Frequently the show only has one season to select… But I have to click on each one and set it manually. Seems to me, if I edit a show and set the episode and there is only one season, can’t you automatically set this saving manual effort?

Yea this is strange. Mine was working fine grabbing, d/ling, and moving files and then after a restart it stopped and I have to manually do it now. Something doesn’t sound right.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.