Automatic download of pilot episodes

Like many I like to discover new tv series and this is currently a hideous task by either manually searching for episodes or adding all new series in sonarr (and having to remove them again if you dont like the show).

I would love it if an extra function could be created that would automatically download the pilot episode of any new series.

This could for example be achieved by adding an extra show called ‘pilot episodes’ in the series list which would list all pilot (s01e01) episodes of new series with maybe an extra button next to an episode to easily add the series to sonarr permanently.

2 Likes

Finding new shows is definitely a burden, it is something we want to address at some point, but we haven’t discussed how we’re going to accomplish it.

2 Likes

Any updates on this?

No, we’ll create an issue on Github when we come up with something.

One way to do this might be through an integration with either Trakt.tv or TVShowTime, since both already have “Discover” features. In any case, Trakt.tv/TVShowTime integration is something I believe you’re already working on.

Personally, I prefer TVShowTime, mainly because of its Android App, though I believe Trakt.tv is more popular. But both have excellent Discover features, so you wouldn’t have to reinvent the wheel.

With trakt.tv, for instance, all you have to do is add all shows that are in the Watchlist.