Automatic categories

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4855
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)):
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:

Hi

I’ve recently set up Sonarr with qBittorrent. As far as i know Sonarr will only post process downloaded torrents if the torrents have a category assigned to match the settings in Sonarr. However, to do this i need to manually select the category in qBittorent for each download.

Is there any way to make Sonnar automatically assign categories inside qBittorrent?

Sounds like Sonarr is failing to set the category for some reason, check the ((debug logs)) to see if there are any errors when downloads are queued.

Hi had a look at the logs and found this:

17-7-22 16:40:28.2|Info|NzbSearchService|Searching 1 indexers for [The Big Bang Theory : S09E05]
17-7-22 16:40:29.3|Info|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing 6 releases
17-7-22 16:40:33.7|Fatal|NzbDroneErrorPipeline|Request Failed. POST /api/release

[v2.0.0.4855] Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: O. Path ‘’, line 0, position 0.
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
at NzbDrone.Common.Serializer.Json.Deserialize[T](String json) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Serializer\Json.cs:line 37
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrentProxy.ProcessRequest[TResult](HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, QBittorrentSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\QBittorrent\QBittorrentProxy.cs:line 185
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrentProxy.AddTorrentFromUrl(String torrentUrl, QBittorrentSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\QBittorrent\QBittorrentProxy.cs:line 75
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrent.AddFromMagnetLink(RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode, String hash, String magnetLink) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\QBittorrent\QBittorrent.cs:line 36
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.TorrentClientBase1.DownloadFromMagnetUrl(RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode, String magnetUrl) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\TorrentClientBase.cs:line 213 at NzbDrone.Core.Download.TorrentClientBase1.Download(RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\TorrentClientBase.cs:line 102
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadService.DownloadReport(RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\DownloadService.cs:line 69
at NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseModule.DownloadRelease(ReleaseResource release) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Api\Indexers\ReleaseModule.cs:line 67
at NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseModule.<.ctor>b__7_0(Object x) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Api\Indexers\ReleaseModule.cs:line 46
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Func`2 , Object )
at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)

Does this tell us anything?

Which version of qbit?
Check out the ((trace logs)) as that will show the response from qbit (feel free to post them on hastebin/pastebin as mentioned in the OP) and we can take a look.

Based on that error: dupe of qBittorrent NzbDroneErrorPipeline

Hi

Apologies for not using hastebin. Here is a like to the trace log.

https://hastebin.com/sehuwicece.scala

Hi Taloth

I’m not sure if the link you posted is a fix to my problem, as i am unsure how to interpret it.

It’s a link to another thread with the same issue, qbit changed the API response so it is failing. The latest develop version of Sonarr will work or qbit 3.3.12 until master is updated.

Thanks for this info. It worked perfectly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.