Assistance with setting up Media Management to renmame files

**Sonarr version: 3.0.7.1477 ( 3.0.7.1477-ls140 by [linuxserver.io]
**Mono version: 5.20.1.34
Debug logs: N/A
Description of issue: Assistance with correct syntax to rename episodes to fit with my current library naming convention.

Hi, I have just “upgraded” my Sonarr install to run on docker (mainly in preparation to migrate to a new Sinology DS920+ and DSM7. The naming convention I have been using for TV shows is: “Series Title/ Series Title - Season number Episode number - Episode Title”.

e.g “9-1-1- Lone Star/9-1-1 - Lone Star Season 3/9-1-1 - Lone Star - S03E12 - Negative Space.mkv”

or

Chicago Fire/Chicago Fire Season 10/Chicago Fire - S10E14 - An Officer with Grit.mkv

The default syntax is set to {Series Title} S{season:00}E{episode:00} - {Episode Title}, which results in the following

9-1-1- Lone Star/Season 3/9-1-1 - Lone Star S03E13 - Riddle of the Sphinx.mkv

While I did backup my previous install from the Synology package, I unfortunately failed to take note of the previous settings used to rename the files to my liking. I have tried a number of different syntaxes, but I can’t seem to get it right.

So I am requesting some assistance in getting the file rename syntax to work with my current naming convention
Happy to provide more information if required.

Thanks.

Any particular reason you’re not storing irreplaceable metadata and want all your files to be assumed to be HDTV and thus them getting upgraded?

Looks like all you need to do is add the series name to your season folder naming (advanced option); albeit that’s non-standard and really unnecessary.

https://wiki.servarr.com/sonarr/settings#media-management

@bakerboy448 Thanks for your reply, I actually host my Plex server on another device as my DS916+ struggled to transcode UHD movies or HDTV on the fly for remote users. But I have decided that I will just rename the existing media to the Plex standard and the standard renaming that Sonarr is using.

I appreciate your reply.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.