As a user when I manually import files I want file versions to survive the process so they don't get deleted

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5322
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.19
Debug logs: n/a
Description of issue:

Hi all,

Hope you’re well

Thanks for wonderful software

As a user when I manually import files I want file versions to survive the process so they don’t get deleted

To elaborate, when I manually import I will often cleanup file names so Sonarr will ID correctly. I often download many versions of the same episode so I’ll tag some UID on to the end to differentiate them:

Gardeners' World - 52x16 - Episode 16 - msd
Gardeners' World - 52x16 - Episode 16 - plutonium
Gardeners' World - 52x16 - Episode 16 - soil

Current (export) behaviour

Gardeners' World - s52e16 - Episode 16 - 2019-06-28 - WEBDL-480p - h264 AAC - Sonarr

Two of the highest quality file versions are deleted (if they’re recoverable then please let me know!), meta is added and UID not respected

Expected (export) behaviour

Gardeners' World - s52e16 - Episode 16 - 2019-06-28 - WEBDL-720p - h264 AAC - msd
Gardeners' World - s52e16 - Episode 16 - 2019-06-28 - WEBDL-1080p - h264 AAC - plutonium
Gardeners' World - s52e16 - Episode 16 - 2019-06-28 - WEBDL-480p - h264 AAC - soil

All file versions survive, meta is added and UID respected

At a minimum, how can I prevent losing files during manual import :pray:

If you have any issues (e.g. questions/queries) then happy to help

Hope to hear back

Keep up great work!

Yours faithfully

Only if you have configured the Recycling Bin in Sonarr.

You can’t import with Sonarr and maintain multiple copies, Sonarr only retains one file. Eventually we’d like to be able to support multiple files for a single episode, but it’s not something we have short term plans for.

Thanks for reply

Good to know

Are there recycle bin docs?:

• If yes then where
  • If no then please create something

Lastly, why keep the lowest quality file instead of the highest in a duplicate batch?

Yours hopefully

For the Recycle bin, just create a folder where you want deleted files to go, then under setting, media management at the bottom select the folder you created, and save., Any file thats gets deleted will be moved here under show name.

check what profile you have on your shows ie SD , HD-720p HD-1080p. if your show are set for SD anything of higher quality will be ignored

Keep in mind that old items in sonarr’s recycle bin folder are removed…

They are ?
I don’t think so I got in my Sonarr recycle bin files that have been upgraded or what ever that are more then 3 months old.
Just because I’m too lazy to delete them sometimes

Cheers all

Doh, I see the recycle bin feature now - must have glanced at that a million times

Lastly, why keep the lowest quality file instead of the highest in a duplicate batch?

Will test this with a fresh OS install shortly and see if the unexpected behaviour still exists

Thanks

I knew I wasn’t dreaming :smile:

It does, or at least it should delete anything older than 7 days in that folder…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.