API - When will the docs be updated?

I am creating an iOS companion app for Sonarr so the API docs are crucial to my progress. Most sections of the docs on GitHub haven’t been updated in several months. After a quick search in the forums, I came across two instances where the documentation was lacking info (with the response that the docs haven’t been updated yet):

Is there any estimate when the docs will be updated? I already spent a ton of hours (seriously a lot) on the future episodes issue above, which apparently can be done easily with the API, but I didn’t know that since it’s not in the docs :frowning:

Anyway, I would be SUPER grateful if the docs could be updated. It could save me a lot of time :smile:

Updated now.

The add series options may change in a future release (major version), we’ll make an announcement if thats the case.

You can also use the dev tools in your to see how the UI makes its call since the UI uses the same API. Major endpoints should be documented, save for a few things, but settings for example are not documented and could change.

Let us know if there is anything else you need help with.

Thanks for great tip! I never knew you could see the HTTP requests in the dev tools. And I assumed Sonarr was using private APIs to do extra things that weren’t in the docs. I’m glad I was wrong!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.