API endpoint to get only a download decision?

I know release/push exists and I’ve seen people feeding Sonar via irc bots idling in announce channels.

For fun I wanted to take it a step further with a bot idling in a release group channel and actually download the release into my drone_factory folder via XDCC and then issue a DownloadedEpisodesScan via the api to take care of sorting etc.

It would simplify things greatly if I could allow Sonarr to keep making the decisions on whether or not something needs to be downloaded. That would allow me to pass all announce messages to Sonarr via the API and initiate an XDCC transfer for the releases Sonarr decides are needed.

I see in the documentation for release/push that there is an “approved” attribute. So my first thought was to POST to release/push with a url that points to an empty file figuring it would probably generate an error but I’d get the response I wanted. This did not work however…

Like I said, I’m just doing this for fun, but I can conceive of other situations where a “would this release be downloaded?” api endpoint might come in handy.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.