Anyway to do a mass edit on series file?

I got all the files, moved them over, and sonarr was back up and running The problem is that the location of all the series have the location they can be found in it. That being the case I need to fix that as the files are on another drive and I cannot figure out how to change the location name of the files! I found a program to do that (tune2fs) but it didn’t work! (even though it told me it had). I have a question in and there might be a solution but, if not, I am trouble as it would take me hours to access each thing and change the site where the files are (might be a good idea to put that into a config file of some sort).

Anyway - thoughts?

Sounds like you need to fix your Root Folder? Or add another root folder pointing to the drive containing the series in question.

The reply above + Mass Editor in sonarr.

I fixed my problem with my address and now up and running.

I have another question. Is this a place to also post problems with radarr? I am trying to install (instructions in https://wiki.servarr.com/radarr/installation#linux and got stuck on:
greg@movies:/opt/Radarr$ sudo chown radarr:radarr /opt/Radarr
chown: invalid user: ‘radarr:radarr’

The current user is “me” and the group is ‘greg’ (me). Tried it with both sudo and sudo su.

Read the installation instructions.

Sounds like you skimmed several sections of it

Nope,I read it all when I did it and did it again right now. The only thing I saw that might be a problem is that they kept saying that the group will be ‘media’. I actually tried that but it failed too.

I also noticed that there is no /var/lib/radarr but figure it will be created eventually.

Did you see something else? (oh, and is this also the forum for radarr?)

Clearly you did not read the whole thing. Why lie about reading it?

If you did you would have read the giant red warning:

https://wiki.servarr.com/radarr/installation#debian-ubuntu

Installation Prerequisites
The below instructions are based on the following prerequisites. Change the instructions as needed to suit your specific needs if necessary.

• The user radarr is created
  • The user radarr is part of the group media
  • Your download clients and media server are part of the group media
  • You created /var/lib/radarr and ensured the user radarr has read/write permissions

And no this is also not the forum for radarr: radarr has Reddit or discord, that is it.

No need to get all testy. I think you are referring to the file in /var/lib/ Called Radar. I read everything up to the chown thing. I did not create the file as there was nothing to put in it until the next step after the chown thing. So, you want me to create the file and insert the script below the chown thing. I can do that although I suspect its unlikely to fix the problem. Anyway I created the file and the problem still exists.

That also refers to /.config/radarr folder which doesn’t exist as well.

Going to skip over the Radarr specific stuff, since as has already been pointed out, this is not the correct place for support.

So, some general stuff:

Prerequisite means conditions that are already met. Things that already exist. So you need make sure that those four points all = true. For you this is definitely not the case, so the installation is not going to complete successfully if you are just attempting to copy and paste from the wiki.

Following on from this; since it seems like perhaps you’re just getting started with *nix, I’d definitely recommend spending some time getting a grasp of the basics: the syntax, the terminology, the commands etc. This will give you a better chance to understand what it is you’re actually doing and what is going wrong when you get errors, instead of just copying and pasting commands and being lost when it doesn’t work. This is also not the place for general learning or support though, but there are numerous dedicated sites that are.

Good luck!

netflix does not require reading or following instructions… that may be more your cup of tea.

what do you not understand about those instructions? What is not clear? Why can you not understand the prerequisites?

Why are you saying instructions exist that are not there? There is no file to be created. There are numerous mentions as to what tasks you - the user - need to ensure are already complete.

edit: instructions updated to be even more explicit. (orange entries around the prereqs did not exist)

nstallation Prerequisites
The below instructions are based on the following prerequisites. Change the instructions as needed to suit your specific needs if necessary.

but where and how?

OK but in what file/folder?

Fine with me. I guess that means, say, sabnzbd+ but so what? All this stuff has to do with file/folder properties and permissions.

• You created /var/lib/radarr and ensured the user radarr has read/write permissions
    I didn’t because nothing in these installation have told me why or how or even when.

I have been building computers, and programming them © for approximately 60 years. These instructions make assumptions that the reader can read minds. It don’t work that way. The fact that you understand means that you read minds as the information is, otherwise, not included in the explanations.

I did a little investigation and it seems you are pretty active in all that stuff - that too is interesting.

The instructions are not Linux 101 and assume a basic understanding of Linux or the ability to google and learn.

I did a little investigation and it seems you are pretty active in all that stuff - that too is interesting.

Yes very interesting that the guy on the support team for all the *arrs and who also dabbled in dev work is active on the wiki xD

but where and how?

OS dependent and the user should know how to create users if they wish to run as radarr.

OK but in what file/folder?

Folders have nothing to do with a user being part of a group

Fine with me. I guess that means, say, sabnzbd+ but so what? All this stuff has to do with file/folder properties and permissions.

So radarr can actually access the files. Otherwise most will have sab run under its own user and group and question when they have issues importing

I didn’t because nothing in these installation have told me why or how or even when.

The why is clear on the wiki: for the appdata folder where the config will be stored.

How - again the guide is not Linux 101 and assumes a basic understanding or google ability

When - prior to proceeding with the installation steps

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.