Another SSL/TLS secure channel problem

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.1.359
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs: Short, see below
Description of issue:

Somehow can’t find the proper part of the log file, but here’s the error. Almost every time Sonarr checks Dog, it’s getting a cert error like this. Oddly enough, Radarr doesn’t have this problem. I’m running 3.0.1 because I tried uninstalling 2.x and that didn’t fix it. Nor did updating and reinstalling Sab

Downloading nzb for episode ‘REDACTED’ failed (https://dognzb.cr/fetch/3f71420a9a528ca2568a01b1502a5e67/(removed)): The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:line 106
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:line 53
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookieContainer) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 121
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 57
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get(HttpRequest request) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 264
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.UsenetClientBase`1.Download(RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\UsenetClientBase.cs:line 46

I’ve tried clearing the caches from the browsers on the box that runs Sonarr and Sab and that didn’t help either. Does Sonarr keep its own copy of the SSL cert that I could delete and get a new one?

Turning off SSL doesn’t do anything either.

Have checked these suggested similar topics but they didn’t work. Looked similar but not quite.

I’m seeing the same exact same thing with DOGnzb. Like you said, Radarr is not having this issue.

Sonarr version: 2.0.0.5301 - Jan 23 2019

System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:line 106
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:line 53
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookieContainer) in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 121
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 57
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get(HttpRequest request) in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 264
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.UsenetClientBase`1.Download(RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\UsenetClientBase.cs:line 46

Is .net 4.5 installed?

Any warning in System > Logs regarding TLS 1.2 being disabled? Something like Disabled tls1.2 due to remote

That’ll happen if something is using an old certificate (such as a download client or indexer), which causes Sonarr to disable TLS 1.2 due to conflicts.

I’m running .NET Framework 4.6.1. Below is everything I see from the event. Nothing more. I went ahead and updated NZBGet to the latest testing build as well.

19-1-31 15:13:45.6|Error|Nzbget|Downloading nzb for episode ‘REDACTED’ failed (https://dognzb.cr/fetch/REDACTED/(removed))

[v2.0.0.5301] System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:line 106
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:line 53
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookieContainer) in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 121
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 57
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get(HttpRequest request) in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 264
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.UsenetClientBase`1.Download(RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\UsenetClientBase.cs:line 46

19-1-31 15:13:45.6|Error|ReleaseModule|Downloading nzb failed

[v2.0.0.5301] NzbDrone.Core.Exceptions.ReleaseDownloadException: Downloading nzb failed —> System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.UsenetClientBase1.Download(RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\UsenetClientBase.cs:line 46 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at NzbDrone.Core.Download.UsenetClientBase1.Download(RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\UsenetClientBase.cs:line 73
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadService.DownloadReport(RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\DownloadService.cs:line 96
at NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseModule.DownloadRelease(ReleaseResource release) in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Api\Indexers\ReleaseModule.cs:line 67

Looks through the errors/warnings for the message I asked about, that was the cause of this issue for someone recently. It had to do with the SSL cert, not the version of their download client though.

I checked the logs and the only reference to TLS is in the errors I posted. Other indexers like Drunkenslug are working just fine. It appears to be just DogNZB which is working fine in Radarr. Thanks for the help by the way :slight_smile:

Edit: I take that back. It’s not working in Radarr. I thought it was. I’ll check over on the DogNZB forums to see if anyone has a solution there.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.