Startup directory /usr/lib/sonarr/bin
Mode Console

debug log: sonarr debug log - Pastebin.com

My drives (for the heck of it):
/ (UUID=45f59bbb-30bd-48dd-875d-debb9e2baf69) 859.6 GB 937.3 GB
/mnt/newback (LABEL=newback) 1.3 TB 3.6 TB
/mnt/3tb (LABEL=3tb) 1.5 TB 3.6 TB
/run/timeshift/backup 1.3 TB 3.6 TB

This is not a duplicate of a previous message. I am basically starting over after disaster after disaster.

I am trying to deal with the root folder and failing. When I try and enter /mnt/3tb/TV it simply ignores me and tells me that the owner should be the user and, apparently, I am the user and owner. The group is interesting but I don’t see ‘sonarr’ but not even sure that should be there. All I know, right now, is that the folder that holds all the tv is /mnt/3tb/TV.

My sabnzbd+ category, is ‘tv’ and its path is /mnt/3tb/TV

The strange thing is that I entered, and sonarr accepted /mnt/3tb/TV but then, for no reason I know, it was no longer accepted.

Thank you…

Thought I would add this (just figured this one out):
sudo dpkg-reconfigure sonarr told me that:
user sonarr
group greg
sonarr umask 0002
config directory /var/lib/sonarr

Should add that I have gone to /mnt/3tb/TV and every entry has the right address.

My current Sonarr is getting downloads. When its done it sends it to /mnt/3tb/TV The interesting thing is that 1)I have no root folder, 2)It sends it to the right folder but that’s it. It does not put the downloads in the appropriate folder for the series (which is there and waiting).

This whole thing is strange. Then we have this help and support place. For some reason nobody will reply to ANYTHING. Please tell me, am I wasting my time?

Don’t set the same folder for downloads and your root folder, which is what you’ve described here.

You say this isn’t a duplicate, but it’s the same problem with the same path in a new thread and you just keep opening new threads.

The logs provided here don’t show an error trying to add a root folder.

Show the logs of the root folder failing to add and the output of ls -la /mnt/3tb/TV to show what exactly Sonarr is failing on and what the permissions look like.

Thank you for the reply…

Version 3.0.10.1567
Package Version+ 3.0.10 by Team Sonarr
Mono Version 6.12.0.200
AppData directory /var/lib/sonarr
Startup directory /usr/lib/sonarr/bin
Mode

Log: https://pastebin.com/GB0dbQNF
password: 4DFssM7Gdy

For: ls -la /mnt/3tb/TV

Console[quote=“markus101, post:3, topic:32419, full:true”]
Don’t set the same folder for downloads and your root folder, which is what you’ve described here.

This may be the problem. Dawns on me that I think that when you mention downloads I think its Download Client stuff which also means, to me that, In the downloads I am using the api from sabnzbd+ ( I have set the completed sabnzbd+ address to /mnt/3tb/ which also allowed me to properly setup of the categories. Which also allowed me to add the TV the that address which is my real root folder. The one my sonarr tells me is there but it cannot access.

You say this isn’t a duplicate, but it’s the same problem with the same path in a new thread and you just keep opening new threads.

The logs provided here don’t show an error trying to add a root folder.
In the above logfile /mnt/3tb/TV is mentioned over 200 times.

Show the logs of the root folder failing to add and the output of ls -la /mnt/3tb/TV to show what exactly Sonarr is failing on and what the permissions look like.
[/quote]

Read the “folder structure” section here: Native - TRaSH Guides

It should help you a lot. Also, it looks from your pastebin like you’re probably creating series folders yourself… don’t do that, you don’t need to, Sonarr will create the folders for you under the top level location you direct it to.

I am not sure about creating series folders. As a matter of fact I am not sure what a serious folder is. Is a series folder a usenet folder rather than a root folder? I am also not sure about creating them. When I tried to change the api I did as told and it worked until it stopped, as far as I could tell. Whenever I tried to get it to actually come up with the real api it failed or did nothing.

data (ignoring torrents for now)
usenet (is everything not root folder)
Movies
TV
media (root folder)
Movies
TV

My problem is that everything I deal with seems to be not a root folder. Sonarr knows there is a root folder (/mnt/3tb/ (Movies or TV) but says it cannot access it)

/mnt/3tb/ It determined in sabnzbd+ complete. This also is the root and TV or Movies is the folder for it.

As far as I know the Root Folders are owned by Sonarr and the Group is greg

The Root Folders also define the categories (in sabnzbd+) and the categories also define the Root Folders.

None of this works because sonarr disagrees but there is nothing, as far as I can tell which explain how or why so I can’t fix it because, obviously, I can’t figure it out. If I conquer the Root folder thing I will have most of the problems fixed.

When i try and run sonarr I now get “Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:8989”

From what I have read I am supposed to goto the data file and edit it. I don’t know what the data file is. I have tried config.db and sonarr.db They are not right. Have no idea where to go. In trouble.

I am tempted to just remove and re-install.

I keep on trying to get a root folder. I have changed file names, change how they are mounted, etc. and it makes no difference! Sometimes it will say nothing when I try and other times it tells me: Unable to add root folder, Path does not exist, etc.

Here is the folder which holds all the series:
greg@greg2:/mnt/3tb$ getfacl TV

file: TV

owner: sonarr

group: greg

user::rwx
group::rwx
other::r-x

This has been going on for, literally, weeks. The strange thing is that I keep on running into my own questions (for which, as far as I can tell there are no answers).

I have also reinstalled sonarr two times which helped nothing. The only thing is that, now, I can’t even import all my series into sonarr because of the lack of root folder (usually, after install I can do that before it all falls apart). My suspicion is that my failure has something to do with sabnzbdplus but I have tried to find it and failed.

I also know that there is a way to get a root folder but have forgotten what it is.

Can anybody tell me just how to get a valid root folder for sonarr. This is seriously crazy. I have set a root folder, thousands of others have too but I am failing with everything I have tried. I have 2 files, one for movies and one for TV. The one for movies is for radar. Its address is /mnt/3tb/TV and that one is accepted. Both sonarr and radarr are in the same computer and use the same sabnzbdplus.

I keep on trying to get a root folder. I have changed file names, change how they are mounted, etc. and it makes no difference! Sometimes it will say nothing when I try and other times it tells me: Unable to add root folder, Path does not exist, etc.

Here is the folder which holds all the series:
greg@greg2:/mnt/3tb$ getfacl TV

file: TV

group::rwx
other::r-x

This has been going on for, literally, weeks. The strange thing is that I keep on running into my own questions (for which, as far as I can tell there are no answers).

I have also reinstalled sonarr two times which helped nothing. The only thing is that, now, I can’t even import all my series into sonarr because of the lack of root folder (usually, after install I can do that before it all falls apart). My suspicion is that my failure has something to do with sabnzbdplus but I have tried to find it and failed.

I also know that there is a way to get a root folder but have forgotten what it is.

Can anybody tell me just how to get a valid root folder for sonarr. This is seriously crazy. I have set a root folder, thousands of others have too but I am failing with everything I have tried. I have 2 files, one for movies and one for TV.

I may have got a root folder. The folder is at /mnt/3tb/TV I changed 3tb so that its owned by sonarr:
sudo getfacl /mnt/3tb
getfacl: Removing leading ‘/’ from absolute path names

file: mnt/3tb

group::—
other::—

and now its loading up the series. Will see if it works or not.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.