Another "Doesn't Update Kodi on download" post, sorry

Sonarr version (exact version): Sonarr Ver. 2.0.0.5338
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): Mono JIT compiler version 4.2.3 (Stable 4.2.3.4/832de4b Wed Mar 16 13:19:08 UTC 2016)

Debug logs: 19-12-7 20:53:35.6|Info|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing 53 releases
19-12-7 20:53:39.9|Info|Sabnzbd|Adding report [The.Blacklist.S07E09.1080p.WEB.h264-TBS-xpost] to the queue.
19-12-7 20:53:40.2|Info|DownloadService|Report sent to athena. The.Blacklist.S07E09.1080p.WEB.h264-TBS-xpost
19-12-7 20:53:40.2|Info|RssSyncService|RSS Sync Completed. Reports found: 53, Reports grabbed: 1
19-12-7 21:09:06.0|Info|RssSyncService|Starting RSS Sync
19-12-7 21:09:06.7|Info|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing 52 releases

Description of issue: I’ve moved from SickBeard to Sonarr, so far so good mostly. Sickbeard was set up to update shows when a new episode came in, and did it well. I have a couple of NVidia Shields and both were “series updated” when episodes came in - just in case it’s a “multiple notification” issue. I can’t see what’s wrong with the setup shown below. If you need logs from the Shields, I wouldn’t mind a pointer in the right direction. It was easier when Kodi was running on the Ubuntu box, but the Shields are a million times better at what they do. Thoughts?

Im not using v2 of Sonarr, is that the screen Settings > Connections > Kodi? If not, that is what you want to use. If so, you also dont have On Grab or On Download set to yes, you need Download set to yes if you want it to update after it has downloaded and matched to Kodi’s database.

Yes it is Settings -> Connect -> [then each of two devices]

I did not have “On Grab” or “On Download” set to yes because that seems like I’d get a notification on a grab or download, when I really want a library update when the process is complete. But I’ll try that in the mean time.

In Sickbeard the settings worked well, and look like:

As expected, turning on “On Grab” and “On Download” only adds notifications on screen for those two events (probably more annoying than helpful, we’ll see) but still no library updates happening. Still have to do a full library update to pick up new downloads.

I don’t hate having to manually do full library updates, apart from the time it takes which is quite a bit, but knowing when I need to perform the full update. I have to monitor downloads to know when I need to update each Kodi.

You need On Download enabled otherwise the event won’t be sent. You don’t need GUI Notifications enabled though.

We’ll need to see debug logs of an import to know more.

I’ve found the following settings do what’s needed, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.