Anime Support

Just wanted to know how its coming along? Will we get Absolute numbering and anidb scraping? I know TVdb with Seasons probably first intergration but i hope to see anidb and absolute numbering in new version of Drone…its all im waiting for before i add my anime collection to drone. Cant do it at the moment since i dont use TVDB for my anime in XBMC or for renaming/moving

There is a separate anime branch right now, which hasn’t been touched for some time, but handles absolute numbering and may allow you to rename with absolute numbers (offhand I can’t recall). We’ll be revisiting anime to the main branch after the next version is complete and relatively bug free.

Not sure how thats all going to land, might end up using Xem/something else to map between TheTVDB and Anidb, or maybe integrate with them completely, the good news is the new version cleans up a LOT of things so we can tie different things in easier.

cool good to hear. But you say it handles absolute numbering. i guess you mean on the searching side so it can use XEM to match up with TVDB for sorting. Since im setup with naming scheme with …\Anime\Anime_Show\Anime_Show - EpsNum - EpsTitle.ext , I was never able to test the anime function of Drone. Since my Anime Collection is starting to grow im eagerly waiting on Drone to support it

In general it should be able to read absolute numbering, from indexers and file names. IIRC it can also rename episodes to absolute numbering as well, but doesn’t use anidb to get the data.

do i have to change my NZBdrone to test it out?..using NzbDrone 0.8.0.1153 (Apr 29, 2013)

Yes, its a different build completely, you can grab it here: http://update.nzbdrone.com/anime/NzbDrone.anime.0.8.0.1094.zip - its not compatible with the current database and two version won’t run side-by-side cleanly, so you can either test it from another system or wait for a new release after the next version drops.

ok i gave it a try but i cant add my series because of TVDB…Since my eps are not in a season folder (XBMC doesnt need them to be since there is only 1 season per anime)

Here is how my folder is setup:

Here is what Drone sees:

You cant add 2 shows with the same name either
Method: OnException Exception Type: System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException Exception: System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException (0x80004005): A duplicate value cannot be inserted into a unique index. [ Table name = Series,Constraint name = PK__Series__0000000000000026 ] at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ProcessResults(Int32 hr) at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommandText(IntPtr& pCursor, Boolean& isBaseTableCursor) at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, ResultSetOptions options) at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() in C:\\Users\\sam\\Desktop\\MiniProfiler\\StackExchange.Profiling\\Data\\ProfiledDbCommand.cs:line 195 at PetaPoco.Database.Insert(String tableName, String primaryKeyName, Boolean autoIncrement, Object poco) in c:\\Source\zbDrone.Core\\Datastore\\PetaPoco\\PetaPoco.cs:line 1603 at PetaPoco.Database.Insert(Object poco) in c:\\Source\zbDrone.Core\\Datastore\\PetaPoco\\PetaPoco.cs:line 1610 at NzbDrone.Core.Providers.SeriesProvider.AddSeries(String title, String path, Int32 tvDbSeriesId, Int32 qualityProfileId, Nullable``1 airedAfter) in c:\\Source\zbDrone.Core\\Providers\\SeriesProvider.cs:line 159 at NzbDrone.Web.Controllers.AddSeriesController.AddExistingSeries(String path, String seriesName, Int32 seriesId, Int32 qualityProfileId, String startDate) in c:\\Source\zbDrone.Web\\Controllers\\AddSeriesController.cs:line 140 at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary``2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary``2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func``1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.b__14() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func``1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.b__14() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList``1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary``2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) 5/16/2013 4:35:02 PM Info Core.Providers.SeriesProvider Adding Series [251982] Path: [\\\\srv-saitoh\\videos\\Anime\\Chihayafuru]
And if i put chihayafuru S2 i get a error since it doesnt exist on TVDB. The naming convention is great and its how i name my anime but the hole point of naming with absolute numbering is to not have season folders and if you cant add the series because they are not in seasons folders and each season is actually its own show originally, Drone is not usable for anime at this point. Guess i will have to wait :slight_smile:

Why would you want to add two shows with the same name? It wouldn’t solve your problem anyways it would just treat both as “season 1”.

Of course you can still have seasons with absolute numbering, you just don’t separate things into season folders. If season 1 has 24 episodes, s02e01’s absolute number is 25. I’ve seen shows with totally different names from season to season, but appending a space and then a number and calling it a new series is a poor excuse to restart absolute numbering.

Still hoping someone will be able to step up and assist with the anime side of things, as a non-viewer its tough wrapping my head around it all at times.

Here is the problem:

TVDB uses US naming for anime (ie Fate Stay night is marked as 3 seasons but its not relly 3 seasons its 3 different Tvshows. Fate stay night, Fate Zero and Fate Zero 2012)
When you search for anime on usenet, Most anime releases are in there original format and not US naming. You wont find Fate stay night S02E01 (unless someone re-encodes it and renames it). You will find Fate Zero 01. Since original releases go by anidb database (hash information and all). When using anidb renaming program (or scripts that query there API) it will rename and move Fate Zero to Fate Zero folder with no season folder because in reality its not a season and not Fate stay night. Yes you can add a season folder in the renaming/moving process with absolute numbering but each show is not a season so it still would not fix the problem of it not appearing in Drone because TVDB is still the source. A perfect example is Doctor Who, we dont consider the new Doctor Who to be the same as the Old Doctor Who, So why do we do this with anime. Even if it is a continuation of the series, they have a different name.

Also with anidb API it uses the hash to find the correct episode which can help updating eps to there Proper version. and has its own IDs and episode guide just like the TVDB. Im not saying that TVDB are wrong for using seasons, but contrary to normal TV shows, Anime doesnt have seasons when searching for them online and almost every release group registers the episode they upload on Anidb. Ideally, Drone should use TVDB for those that want to use Absolute numbering with season folders and use Anidb API for those that want to have the real show name and each show in there own folder (with or without a season 1 subfolder). when Sickbeard Anime branch was current, it had the same problem and was only using XEM to move and rename stuff properly.

We could chat about it on IRC :slight_smile:

Ugh anime :stuck_out_tongue: That does help clear some things up. Will probably need to discuss it again when its actually getting implemented, right now it would probably be forgotten.

good stuff… was it implemented in it current state in the next release?

Its only implemented in the current UI (as a separate release). I was going to merge it in before we started vnext, but it wasn’t quite there, so I left it alone, abandoned.

We’ll have to manually re-add it, fortunately most of the difficulty is in the processing of nzb/file names, so it won’t be the end of the world.

ah ic…well looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Hey just wondering if you are still aiming to support anime? if you are could you look into adding http://www.fanzub.com/ as a provider?

There is an old anime branch that already has support for fanzub, once vnext is out we’ll look at bringing it into the master branch and it will have support for fanzub,

Any ETA on Anime support for NZBDrone V2 … so i can finally remove sickbeard from my system tehehehe

No ETA, haven’t even started yet, keep any eye on the Trello card fro more details. https://trello.com/c/EiWE18fE/139-anime-support

Any updates on this?? Sickbeard anime version is dying and I now have to manually post process everything. Not long until it’s completely dead.

Help me Markus101 Kenobi you’re my only hope

+1 for anime support (please add it soon)