Anime release isn't getting properly parsed (unknown series name)

This is on Sonarr 2.0.0.5228 on Mono 5.12.0.226 on Ubuntu 18.04.

I’ve added the show Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/mobile-suit-gundam-00). Its doing a series search but not able to find a lot of episodes. I did a manual search, and found this release, which is exactly what I’m looking for -

[AnimeRG] Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (Complete Seasons 01 & 02) [1080p] [DUAL-AUDIO] [BD] [Batch] [x265] [pseudo] (see here

Unfortunately, sonarr doesn’t seem to be able to parse the series name from this title. Maybe it’s because of the “(Complete Seasons 01 & 02)”? I know anime releases often have “non-standard” titles.

Easiest repro is to add the show, and this indexer: https://feed.animetosho.org/nabapi, and do the manual search. I can also provide the debug logs if necessary, though I suspect its an obvious problem.

Yeah, Sonarr can’t parse that file name and doesn’t support multi-season releases.

So I ended up downloading the release and doing a manual import on the files, but it still really didn’t like the series name though. I did end up finally getting file names that sonarr recognized - Mobile Suit Gundam 00.S01E24.‘Endless.Poem’.[Bluray-1080p].[x265].[AnimeRG]. I’m guessing its because of the 00?

Is there any documentation on how the parsing works? I’m curious. I’m also wondering why a lot of my releases (including this one) don’t properly parse the release group.

Trace logs will show the regex it matched, though you’re probably right that the 00 matched as an absolute episode number.

No documentation on how the parser works, though you can look at Parser.cs on github to see what it’s doing.

The release group failing to parse is probably due to the unconventional name, where, [something] at the end triggers anime parsing, but it’s really standard parsing that would parse it and wouldn’t handle release groups quite the same way.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.