Anime alias not usable?

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5322
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue: I dont think its a bug persay, more like i got eyes but cannot see a tree for the forest.

I tried searching the forum for a solution, unfortunately i couldn’t seem to find what i needed. That or i didn’t understand them?

Anyway, my problem is shortly, that my anime series doesn’t seem to be able to swap to their alias names(i.e. the Japanese ones) which naturally makes it hard for me to update them with an automated indexer and i was hoping someone smart here could point me in the right direction! :slight_smile:
Oh and something maybe related? Some of the anime’s was recognized as a different one, but i am almost certain thats a naming issue, between the Japanese title and the English one.

check https://www.thetvdb.com/ find your show in there and make sure it actually has the correct english and japanese names, make sure the season and episodes are correct (sometimes youll get duplicate series with slightly different data)

post the name and id (from tvdb) here so someone else can double check if there might be anything wrong with the data on tvdb

you can also check the logs to see what sonarr sent to the indexer to search for

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/attack-on-titan

Sonarr do correctly recognize the series as Attack on Titan, the problem is, i want it to use the Japanese name, but written with the latin alphabet, i.e. Shingeki no Kyojin. Sorry if i didn’t make myself clear! :slight_smile:

This is just an example btw. There might be more, but this was just the first i found that is still airing.

it should be doing that already as it knows its an alias

search results on s01e02 show both names (but it could just be a tvdb id match)

im running v3 so maybe v2 doesnt see it?

it could also be an indexer/release group thing. i had it set to Anime at first and couldnt find anything but when i set it back to Standard it found episodes.

if they are flipping between anime and standard episode formatting then sonarr is going to have issues finding them as they flip around. it seems this one is mostly standard format so go with that?

I think you may be right, with the v3.
If i may ask, where have you set your indexer up from? I might wanna test if it might be a problem with the indexer?

Anyway thanks alot, you’ve cleared atleast some of the doubt! :slight_smile:

my indexers all go via jackett, and i use the all indexer search url, but where those indexers also have non standard TV categories then they have their own entry so i can search via those as well

What categories do you input btw? I read anime should be 5070, but that might be where i am wrong?

jackett is set to 5000 so should pick up all the normal tv subcategories

apart from that its just if the indexers use the non standard ones as well. eg, limetorrent uses 7010 as well. i dont have a lot of anime so i just use the normal categories.

if anime is 5070 maybe set it to 5000 so it covers all the categories and isnt limited to just anime?

I’m so dumb i could get an award for it. xD

I tried re adding the indexer for who knows what time and it was only this time, i noticed the remark for “Anime Categories”.

I’m really sorry to have wasted your time and thank you so much for trying to help me! Hope you have a pleasant weekend! =)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.