American Dad Series Totally messedup up -

Why is American Dad messed up so badly, if any new episode comes out i have to go manually to my indexer and send the file to my nzbget client…

It is rather annoying, i have had a few collegues using Sonarr complain about the same thing.
Seems though it is also happening for the Simpsons.

Any solution to this ?

American Dad works perfectly for me, but I use torrents. I don’t know much about usenet at all so many the season numbering is different, but I can’t imagine it is. The problem with a lot of series including this one, is the differences between thetvdb.com and the scene release season/episode numbers.

Sonarr will link them through XEM: http://thexem.de/xem/show/2913

Hmmm so not really any solution to this really ? apart from downloading manually off indexers and sending to nzb client… ah well

Am I correct you’re talking about the WEB-DL releases by the -ViSUM release group?
That’s a problem, coz ViSUM decided to follow a different numbering scheme than the scene does. (S13 for ViSUM = S12 for scene).
Atm there isn’t a way to get ViSUM downloads to be grabbed and imported properly.

If those weren’t the ones you had issues with, then you’ll have to come with more information about the releases. And possibly some log files.

I’ve been having this same issue with American Dad.

The issue is that TheTVDB.com has the seasons mapped out correctly - short season 1 separated from season 2 and season 11 being only 11 episodes and separate from season 10 - and NO ONE ELSE HAS IT LABELED CORRECTLY!!!

So, this is causing the downloader to download Season 12 episodes instead of Season 13, and this mislabeling occurs all the way back through every single season until season 1. Season 2 is listed as season 1 when performing a manual search.

It even went so far as to rename my Season 12 episodes to the season 13 episode names, INCLUDING the episodes that are currently unaired, EVEN the last three episodes that say “Scene number hasn’t been verified yet.”

Hi all, Taloth no it’s it is not the web releases, it’s the manual searches and every you can think of ,jpartain89 explained perfectly - the only solution to this is to down load the files from torrents - there is no other way the Naming convention is messed up with sonarr - I haven’t tried sickbeard yet maybe should see what that does …

@jpartain89 Let me recap:

• Tvdb has a certain numbering, say S13. (Whether that’s ‘correct’ is entirely debatable)
  • Scene releases those episodes as S12 instead of S13.
  • Sonarr knows about this mismatch, and properly renames them during import, so downloaded (S12) scene releases get imported as S13.
  • And you’re saying this is wrong? :confused:

@Tychi007 You’ll have to come with an exact example.
The fact that a Manual Search for S13 episodes returns releases with S12 in the name is entirely expected. Coz scene numbers their releases differently than tvdb, as explained above. So if we want to grab a S13 episode, we have to search indexers for S12 in order to find what you requested.

Just a reminder:
Drone Factory, Manual Import, Completed Download Handling, all assumed to be in scene numbering.
Series Folder assumed to be tvdb numbering.
Sonarr uses TheXEM to translate between the two. For most series the scene and tvdb numbering are the same.

1 Like

Any ideas how we can fix season 13 eipode 9 onwards cause they are not even out yet but Sonarr seems to think so,

Not for me it doesnt…

Maybe it’s then sorted itself out - i think I did read something about TVDB sorting it’s listings…

It’s still messed up for me. According XEM the scene releases for TVDB’s season 13 are numbered season 12 but looking at an indexer shows a different story as the scene season 12 episodes are last years.

As seen in the screen shot it’s grabbing episodes that haven’t even aired yet.

It looks like someone released the below episode…
American.Dad.S12E12.The.Shrink.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-NTb

via thexem.de this is mapped to…
s13e12 so is downloaded.

The problem occurs because the episode that was released as s12e12 is numbered incorrectly (It is numbered as per TheTVDB, not as per scene).

So it has been downloaded correctly by sonarr.

The fault lies with the person that released the incorrectly numbered episodes, not with sonarr.

Best thing you can do is blacklist the releases and wait for genuine (correctly numbered ones).

i got the same issue mate

How did u get 13 on there and downloading correctly ?

There are usenet releases by VISUM that are numbered correctly as American Dad S13EXX for the current season

Which means they’re numbered incorrectly. coz Scene is at S12 atm: http://predb.me/?search=american.dad
See why TheXem can’t (currently) deal with it?

For as long as i remember this show has always been horrible for naming. Sonarr does grab the S13EXX https://i.imgur.com/zjuyClP.png but i think after the first day it no longer shows when the episode is searched https://i.imgur.com/mzbaqoh.png . Also i really need a button to blacklist releases from that search box instead of click to download/pause download/remove from queue/add to blacklist or maybe there’s an easier way i’m just not seeing >.<

In all honesty this is a good idea.

Being able to blacklist something before its downloaded would be handy in the event that you can see the same release on multiple providers.

Guys my American Dad Season 13 list is completely out of sync or something?
Have a look at my pic - Episode 11 is due for release in April 11 but according to mine it says yesterday?

Do you read the replies to your other posts?

This.

Is.

Not.

A.

Sonarr.

Issue.

1 Like