Allow CutOff Unmet in profiles to be a group instead of a single type of format to cleanup Unmet section in Wanted

Hi there,

I was wondering if it were possible to create a CutOff unmet profile section that you could add multiple formats.

The reason I ask this is because I want to download something in 720p for instance and there are 3 options for 720p but I am forced to chose 1 of those to be the CutOff Unmet when creating a profile. It does not bother me if is HDTV-720p, WebDL-720p or Bluray-720p, I just want it to be 720p.

When I then go into the wanted section and select the CutOff UnMet Tab, There are 30 pages of episodes that do not meet the criteria but for the most part they are 720p and there are really only maybe 5 pages of episodes that are not 720p. But because I have to select a single CutOff UnMet format I have to sift through 30 pages to individually select the SDTV or DVD for episodes for example when I could just click select all for that page and allow Sonarr to search.

To then add to this, as there is a search all missing episodes, no matter how many pages of missing episodes exist in the Missing section of Wanted, A button could also be added to the CutOff UnMet to search for all episodes not meeting the selected criteria that has been setup on the profile section without going page by page and waiting for the button to be ready to be selected to seach again.

If there were an option to create a group for CutOff UnMet in the Profile section it would clean up the CutOff UnMet section of Wanted and also having a button to search all UnMet would allow less time waiting for each page to be searched before you can move on to the next page.

I hope that all makes sense. Keep up the great work guys!

Darren

The Cutoff is a threshold, not one particular quality. Check the wiki page about Profiles for more information: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Profiles

1 Like

That doesn’t quite fix the issue I seem to have but are you saying that a workaround is to set the cutoff for the 720p profile to the lowest quality being WebDL-720p as per the wiki?

Ok, I had a bit of a play with the profiles and setting the cutoff the HDTV-720p seemed to be the best option to minimise the amount of pages in the cutoff unmet section. The wiki mentions that I should use WebDL-720p though.

Seems to be a ok workaround for now. Thanks for the direction to assist me. :slight_smile:

What about the search for all unmet episodes? Can you assist there too?

For now? It’s not a workaround, that’s exactly how the cut off works and now you have it working by design and to suit your needs. You can just choose whatever you have bottom of your three 720p qualities you’ll have ticked in the profile seeing as you don’t care which one.

Searching for all cutoff unmet sounds like a tin of worms to me. I have 6048 episodes not having met the cut off. There will be people with far more than me. That’s a lot of API hits if you use Usenet, or a lot of traffic if you use torrents.

If you are looking for that feature I’m assuming you have a reasonably small sized library and are looking to get it all in 720p, so you could probably just tick the “select all” box which selects a page at a time and search that way.

That’s how it currently works but that doesn’t mean it will remain that way forever, hence it’s a feature request. Myself and I’m sure other people pay for multiple index servers and multiple usenet servers to reduce the amount missing episodes and cutoffs unmet which chews up a lot of storage I might add but that’s our choice.

I had 5-6000 episodes missing at one point before subscribing to multiple index servers on top of the 1000’s of episodes I already had. I now have 4 missing and my next point in call is to fix up the quality I would like for each series, hence the feature request. I have currently got 12,500ish episodes so I don’t have a small collection and I’m sure there are people with much larger collections than myself. Yes it does take a lot of API hits but I wanted my collections complete and I don’t like watching shit pixelated versions of anything. I still have other shows to add but for now I want to clean up what I currently have before adding more.

If the developers can do it, great! If not, there’s no harm in asking :wink:

You can do it series by series also depending on how many you have, roughly 250 I’m guessing with that episode count.

You could also do what you want via a script calling the Sonarr API. Series would return all of your Series ID’s, then you can use each individual ID and call Command > SeasonSearch.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.