Allow alternate naming request #498

Hi all,

I know that there’s a google docs spreadsheet for setting up alternate series naming, however I would much prefer complete control over it on my end.

Can we please get alternate naming support added into Sonarr so that I can just edit the series and add additional “names” for it that Sonarr will use to search the torrent indexers? An example (that I will add to the spreadsheet) that I am running into right now where it would be much more preferable to be able to instantly fix it on my end instead of having to add it to a spreadsheet is “The Case Of JonBenét Ramsey”. The torrents being added are being added as “The Case Of JonBenet Ramsey”.

I am willing to pay for this feature to be added if that will help persuade :slight_smile:

Thanks for your consideration!

We have no plans to make it something that can be set locally, we do have plans to make it a more integrated process though.

Thank you for the reply sir!

Would you be willing to go into a little bit of detail as to the reasoning behind not being able to support it on a local level? Is it a constraint with how the rest of the system works?

We’d much rather fix it once for everyone, if we moved to setting it up locally then everyone would need to fix it themselves as a hybrid system could cause conflicting mappings. It’s also another piece that inevitably people will configure incorrectly not understanding the implications and then we need to spend time digging through logs trying to understand the mess they’ve made (support hell).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.