All indexers suddenly stopped working

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4230
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.6.2.7
NzbGet: 16.4.0
((Debug logs)):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B93p4zUftRn2bTFNMVllMFJ3bnM

Description of issue:
I discovered today that one week ago my indexers stopped working. And, oddly, my download client NzbGet will not work using “localhost” anymore, I had to replace it with the reserved ip address I have for my qnap NAS box. I didn’t change anything on the QNAP or sonarr config, I was traveling and not even home. I did have a short power outage but that was more than a day after the last evidence things were downloading. I’ve read to restart Sonarr, doesn’t work. Also that it maybe is a DNS issue but nothing clearly says what to do about that, so please suggest if this is the suspected issue. My indexers’ url’s work fine if I drop them in a browser. I love Sonarr and this is the first issue I’ve had with it since I started using it about 2 years ago.

Yes looks like a DNS problem, though localhost is not resolved by DNS, but the local system itself. Make sure the DNS server your system is pointed to is functional and check if you can ping localhost from the NAS itself (login via SSH), if you can’t then it’s something with the NAS itself.

1 Like

Ping of localhost from SSH on the NAS works. Maybe the localhost things is a red herring. But NzbGet wouldn’t work without me changing to the IP. I have to assume the DNS is working because from my computer, I can paste the indexer’s url into a browser and it works fine. I’ve read Mono can have issues related to CURL, which I know almost nothing about, from working correctly and cause similar errors. But, I have no clue where to begin with trouble shooting Mono. Meanwhile, I’m dead in the water 'till I get this resolved.

One other note, Couch Potato’s indexers, the same ones, work just fine. So I think it’s in Sonarr or Mono but how do I fix it? This is driving me crazy.

Same problem here, some mention a problem with mono, but I don’t understand the solution…

I’ve seen lots of posts about this but it’s just not clear how to fix it. I’ve removed and reinstalled QMONO and that didn’t do it. I’m also getting an error in NzbGet where it duplicates sections of the config file. I’m about ready to uninstall all my apps and reinstall them but that’s so time consuming and if it’s something on the QNAP itself, it want fix it. Somebody must know what this is.

I keep checking but no love. Can’t some sonarr expert help us get to the bottom of this? Every other thing on my Qnap is working fine so I have to believe it’s either in qsonarr or qmomo. Help please!

It’s a problem with mono.

See this Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/sonarr/comments/6b3ifc/sonarrs_crashing_because_of_something_to_do_with/

You have to add MONO_TLS_PROVIDER=legacy as environment variable before running sonarr.

1 Like

Thanks, at work now but will try to find where/how to add this environment variable tonight. I’m decent with SSH and I assume there’s something I can edit to add this variable. Or, I can google how to do it. If it works, you are my new best friend!

I have
Sonarr v 2.0.0.4230
Mono 4.6.2.7

I don’t see the paths or files listed in that link so see now way to set that env variable before running sonarr. I guess I will try reinstalling but everyone who says they’ve tried that says it didn’t work.

I use docker to run Sonarr.

What OS are you runnning your installation on?

I don’t know what docker is, but I’ve seen it in many posts about this issue. I arm running on a QNAP NAS. It runs a version of linux but I don’t know the details. I can get in with SSH and do some basic editing with vi. These programs are sometimes referred to as QSonarr and QMono for the QNAP. It’s just strange that things ran for months and months with no problem and now this and I can’t resolve it. I haven’t reinstalled Sonarr yet, I was looking for the most current version for my OS but it wasn’t clear. I also had an issue with NZBGet but reinstalling it cleared that up, NZBGet was duplicating sections of it’s config file. I really do appreciate you’er helping me think through options. The answer is out there, I just need to find it.

This happens to me also here and there when my raspberry pi has to reboot.
Here is a nice large error message:

17-5-31 22:29:27.2|Warn|TorrentRssSettingsDetector|Unable to connect to indexer https://www.tokyotosho.info/rss.php?filter=1&entries=450: Error: SecureChannelFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.)

[v2.0.0.4753] System.Net.WebException: Error: SecureChannelFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.) ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.EndReceiveRecord (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00037] in <43e01313a2dc40bf9e59cbaf905901a8>:0 
  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.SafeEndReceiveRecord (System.IAsyncResult ar, System.Boolean ignoreEmpty) [0x00000] in <43e01313a2dc40bf9e59cbaf905901a8>:0 
  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.NegotiateAsyncWorker (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00071] in <43e01313a2dc40bf9e59cbaf905901a8>:0 
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.EndNegotiateHandshake (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00032] in <43e01313a2dc40bf9e59cbaf905901a8>:0 
  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallback (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0000c] in <43e01313a2dc40bf9e59cbaf905901a8>:0 
  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.EndRead (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0004b] in <43e01313a2dc40bf9e59cbaf905901a8>:0 
  at Mono.Net.Security.Private.LegacySslStream.EndAuthenticateAsClient (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0000e] in <2b0d86369d72459baed0cee98a8e578a>:0 
  at Mono.Net.Security.Private.LegacySslStream.AuthenticateAsClient (System.String targetHost, System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509CertificateCollection clientCertificates, System.Security.Authentication.SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, System.Boolean checkCertificateRevocation) [0x0000e] in <2b0d86369d72459baed0cee98a8e578a>:0 
  at Mono.Net.Security.MonoTlsStream.CreateStream (System.Byte[] buffer) [0x0007b] in <2b0d86369d72459baed0cee98a8e578a>:0 
  at System.Net.WebConnection.CreateStream (System.Net.HttpWebRequest request) [0x00073] in <2b0d86369d72459baed0cee98a8e578a>:0 
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00058] in <2b0d86369d72459baed0cee98a8e578a>:0 
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x0000e] in <2b0d86369d72459baed0cee98a8e578a>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x0012d] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:76 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000cc] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:60 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x0007e] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:70 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.TorrentRss.TorrentRssSettingsDetector.Detect (NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.TorrentRss.TorrentRssIndexerSettings indexerSettings) [0x00039] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\TorrentRss\TorrentRssSettingsDetector.cs:51

Can post full tracelogs if needed.

If any knows how to add that workaround to sonarr running on raspberry pi I would love to hear it, I assume you edit the init.d thing here but I don’t know where to start.

My info:
Version
Mono Version
Raspbian GNU/Linux 8.0

Well reinstalling didn’t fix the problem. This issue makes sonarr all most useless. And no one seems to know the root cause of it. I may have to find a different program (sickbeard) to use because of this nasty issue, I’m dead in the water with this. Even looking for updates fails with similar error, NameResolutionFailure…

System.Net.WebException: Error: NameResolutionFailure
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00064] in :0
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x0000e] in :0
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000fb] in :0

Solved It Finally
After tons of searching, I concluded the problem was with Mono and not Sonarr. So I concentrated on Mono. Eventually I read that Mono was never upgraded with 64bit libraries. So I went and found a 32bit version and bam! it worked. I don’t know why it stopped working. I’m pretty sure I had not changed the version of Mono that had been working but maybe some other issue triggered me to upgrade it and selecting the 64bit version was the wrong choice. I don’t even know why they make a version for 64 bit if it’s not compatible. To anyone else having this issue, focus on Mono, that’s where the DNS error is reporting from. Thanks to those who did try to help!!!

Can you explain what you actually did to make it work?

I searched for a 32 bit version of Mono. Un-installed the 64 bit version I had and downloaded the 32 bit version I found then installed it. If you need the link I used to find the version it’s below. If you need to know how to install a package (qpkg) there are lots of places to find that, it’s pretty easy but if you need that too just post back.

Thnx, tried a 32 bit mono as well, after that sonarr doesn’t start.
Can you let me know which version of mono and sonarr you are using now?

It’s dependent on your particular box, I have a TVS-471
but my versions are…
Sonarr 2.0.0.4753
Mono 4.4.2.11

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.