All indexers fail to test

Sonarr version: 2.0.0.3953
Mono version: 4.2.3 (Stable 4.2.3.4/832de4b Tue Mar 15 11:39:54 EDT 2016)
Description of issue:
I have a fresh install of Sonarr on CentOS 7. I’m trying to add indexers but Sonarr fails to test with any of them. I add the URL and the API key and then when I click the “Test” button I immediately get “Testing ‘MyIndexerName’ failed” in the bottom right notification popup. This happens with any and all indexers.

Watching the logs while this happens, I don’t see anything be logged at all in terms of testing the indexer. In fact, when I’m clicking test, nothing is being written to the log file at all. Even when debug or trace logging is enabled. I have no idea how to even begin troubleshooting with nothing in the logs to go off.

Any ideas?

EDIT:
Ok more testing appears to indicate the problem occurs when accessing Sonarr through my reverse proxy (NGINX). When connecting to Sonarr by localip:8989, indexer testing works normally and even succeeds. However, when I access Sonarr through my reverse proxy at https://sonarr.example.com, I observe the issue originally described. Not sure how to get it working through the reverse proxy.

Alright, it appears the issue is isolated to when you want to add a new Newznab indexer while connected to Sonarr through a reverse proxy.

I was able to connect to Sonarr locally at 192.168.1.200:8989, add the indexer and successfully test it. After that, I was able to open Sonarr back up through the reverse proxy and test the indexer successfully. Searching and downloading nzb’s worked normally as well through the reverse proxy.

It’s just that adding a new Newznab indexer through the reverse proxy simply doesn’t work and must be done via local IP. Bug?

I’ve resolved this issue with the local IP workaround.

The reverse proxy only deals with your connection to Sonarr, if nothing was being logged it sounds like your browsers connection through the reverse proxy wasn’t working properly, sounds like a misconfiguration of the proxy, but just a speculation, your browser’s dev tools (network tab) might provide some insight.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.