3.0.5.1143-ls74 by linuxserver.io
Mono Version
AppData directory
/config
Startup directory
/app/sonarr/bin
Mode
Console

i had help setting everything up on a synology nas and when we made the first volume we didn’t realize we made it the wrong raid type so i cant expand the original volume of my 4 drive synology

i want to make the 2nd Hard drive volume 2 as a jbod and leave the 1’st volume 1 alone since it has 10 tb of data on it and just add the paths for the 2nd one but I’m not sure how to properly do this can anyone help me?

you just add another root path, obviously on the new volume, and then either move some series across, or just add any new series using that new root path

you can add a new root path various ways;

• when adding a new series click on the root path drop down and select add new path
  • from series > mass editor select a series then click on the root path drop down and select add new path

once the new root path has been added the first time it will show up in the dropdown

Sorry I forgot to mention I’m setup through docker containers

add another docker volume into the containers config, one that points to a path/shared folder on the new volume

then stop, remove, create, start, the container (as you have to do when changing any of the underlying container properties)

if youre using the dsm docker gui then i think its just stop, edit, start (and dsm handles the destruction/creation part in the background)

also ensure your docker paths are proper…unless you like double space for seeds and extra HDD I/O
https://trash-guides.info/hardlinks/

sorry for delayed response so i added the 2nd volume as so

i also tried through the docker-compose file and recreating sonarr and it gives the folder is not writable by user abc

i made the permissions in the volume v2 folder the same as the downloads folder in volume 1 but it still gives me that error when i recreate sonarr

sigh… you need to go read up on how docker path works and ownership/permissions

go read through this… then read it again…and a few more times… then do what it says since it’ll finally start clicking… no I’m not joking
https://wikijs.servarr.com/docker-guide

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.