Add a new "On complete" event to Connections (custom script)

It would seem that a lot of issues people have with various integration challenges (extraction, subtitles, etc) would have a much more flexible and powerful approach if we could perform an operation on the files AFTER they were downloaded from the client, but BEFORE they are imported into Sonarr.

Right now Sonarr supports the following connection events:

• On Grab
  • On Download (which is really “on import” I believe)
  • On Upgrade
  • On Rename (which I don’t believe takes effect on initial rename at import time)

I propose (at least):

• On Grab
  • On Download (which is when Sonarr sees the client as “completed”).
  • On Import (which is the current “on download”)
  • On Upgrade
  • On Rename

Along with a few more environmental variables for the new (and some existing) events it would seem that we would have much greater flexibility.

The “on download” option would have to have the option to suspend import until the custom script completes processing. Then, we would be able to do whatever manipulation is necessary to the client files before Sonarr attempts the import.

Adding to this, if the script was able to return values back up to Sonarr it would be possible to change how the import occurs (directory to import from, move/copy/link, etc.).

I don’t know if I should feel good that all my ideas have been thought of before - or sad because all of these requests are years old and likely never to see the light of day. :confused:

I swear I did search for at least some of these before posting…but phrasing is often different for same idea…

… you really seem to fixed on how things haven’t been done. Harping on it doesn’t make it move any faster. We plan to get to things when we can, but anyone else can contribute as well.

wasn’t harping…just found it humorous that everything I was suggesting has already been suggested… in many cases quite a while ago.

Also didn’t mean to sound entitled - I appreciate the effort you are all making and as long as development is ongoing that’s a good sign.

thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.