• Version 2.0.0.5245
  • Mono Version 5.14.0.177
  • AppData directory /mnt/dietpi_userdata/sonarr
  • Startup directory /opt/NzbDrone
  • Platform Raspberry Pi Model 3 B+
  • OS dietpi

NAS Drive

• Western Digital MyCloud
  • Current Firmware Version: 2.30.193 (Latest Version)

Description of issue:
Sonarr doesn’t seem to be able to access my NAS drive for transferring the episodes once downloaded. The episode downloads fine to the /transmission/ folder on my NAS, but when the download is complete, it doesn’t transfer the episodes to the relevant series folder on the NAS.

I keep getting this “error”:
Couldn’t import episode /mnt/samba/transmission/sonarr/abc.mkv: Access to the path is denied.

This was all working perfectly but it seems that when I installed a whole fresh start to Sonarr (my dietpi image was old and needed a clean install, so I copied all the old setting from the old install to the new install. I did this by opening two webpages to the 2 systems UIs and made the setting of the new install the same as the old install.

What I don’t understand is that the episodes are added to the NAS to download in the /transmission/ folder on my share. in that share are 3 folders, Movies, Series and transmission. So files are added to the share fine to download, its when the downloading is complete that it cant move it from the transmission folder to the Series folder?

Edit
I see, on other threads, @markus101 suggests on more than one occasion that this is a permissions problem. But I have absolutely no idea how or where to even begin with this.

I can only assume that this has changed recently when the dietpi version changed/was updated.

Debug logs will show the source and the destination paths. For the source file Sonarr needs read access to copy and read/write access to move or hardlink and will always need read and write access in the destination.

If Sonarr attempts to import (gets as far as trying to move/copy/hardlink the file), then it either doesn’t have write access to the source or write access to the destination.

Make sure the user running Sonarr is either the owner or part of the group that has access and ensure it has write access.

Hi @markus101,

Thanks for the reply. I have no idea why this problem has suddenly arisen. Like I say, everything was working perfectly a few weeks ago. Now the importing has become a problem.

Here is the log file? I think I uploaded this correctly?

Like I said previously, I have no idea where to start or how to give permissions for the current problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated…

Thanks in advance!

Given System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/mnt/samba/Series/Young Sheldon/tvshow.nfo" is denied. I’d say the issue is writing to the destination.

You’ll have to figure out which user is running Sonarr and make sure they have permission chown/chmod, I’m not going to get into the exact steps, but if someone else feels up to it maybe they can help.

Thanks for your insight @markus101, really appreciate it!! :+1::+1::+1:

I have spent the whole morning googling and trying things, but I’m still stuck.
This is probably such a basic thing to do, but I’m not coming right.

If someone/anyone can please point me in the right direction with setting permissions I’d really be grateful.

PS - Im still very confused why this changed all of a sudden. Not too sure if it was when I did the dietpi image update on my raspberry pi running Sonarr or when, but something has definitely changed!! :man_shrugging:

Hi again everyone,

Im still struggling with this. I tried the permissions thing:

I ssh’ed into the pi and used ls -lha /mnt/samba and this is what I saw:

I tried to change the permissions with chown -R user:group /directory but that doesn’t seem to work.
I tried changing the permissions with Webmin and that still doesn’t change them. It seems its resisting the command to change the permissions/owner.

I then got annoyed and did a FULL fresh install of Sonarr on the DietPi software on the Raspberry Pi.

Finished configuring Sonarr with Jackett and Transmission. Went to add my series and I got this:

Now after seeing this I can see that the permissions is the problem here! My real problem is, I have no idea how to change them…

Please can anyone help me??? I thought the fresh install would fix this, I was clearly wrong…

Seems to be something wrong the permissions. I cannot change the owner:user or the permissions for the Series folder…

I have tried everything, but I think it has something to do with the mount. But I cant be sure

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.