Ability to prefer releases from particular WEBDL sources

720p.NF.WEB-DL.DD5.1.x264-CasStudio-Rakuv
720p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-AJP69-xpost
720p.WEB.x264-BAMBOOZLE-xpot

There are certain shows where certain providers mess up the show fairly badly. A stand-out example is ‘Jane the Virgin’, where the Netflix version of the show removes the burnt-in, easy to read subtitles for Spanish dialogue, and they’re replaced with their own versions of the subtitles. Some subtitles end up being completely wrong, or missing for entire lines of dialogue, and they’re harder to read across the board. I’ve fixed this just by preferring TV versions so far, but I only just noticed that the release names actually include the source, e.g. NF for Netflix, AMZN.WEB for Amazon, and whatnot.

Not to mention the habit of Netflix to spend an entire minute at the end to display all the internationalised credits is also annoying. I’d generally just prefer to have non-Netflix versions in general (without not having them if no other release is available). It would be nice to be able to set this per-show similarly to TV vs WEBDL releases.

So you want to ignore NF.WEB-DL ?
That can be easily already be done.

I do the same for some releases because i prefer some certain kind of releases and dislike low quality/re-encoded/stripped releases from groups like -TBS or -BAMBOOZLE.

I don’t want to restrict all shows from downloading from a Netflix source, only one, and I want Sonarr to simply prefer non Netflix sources for certain other shows. For example, any Netflix original would obviously be better off coming from a Netflix source.

I would like to set this as part of say a quality profile so it is show-specific and there can be a cutoff rather than a global thing that would just make acquiring certain shows impossible… having a bad release is better than having no release at all. (Damn that sounded like a euphemism…)

It isn’t setup as global ignore release/prefer release,
if it’s a Netflix original release i make sure i tag it with the the netflix tag.
the same with the other releases where 99% can be found as amzn.web-dl release.
i only got certain stuff i absolutely don’t want in my global ignore list.
(when you setup tags in your ignore/prefer list it’s only used when the tags are set in the certain show.)

So the 1 show you want to ignore the netflix release you make sure it uses the ignore NF.WEB-DL tag or you use a prefer tag if you want it to be a certain release.

Did you read the entirety of my previous post past:

?

I understand that tags can be applied per-show, but that doesn’t take care of the rest of what I said, and I was trying to clarify my entire request… in the vast majority of cases, I don’t want Sonarr to ignore Netflix releases, I want it to prefer the alternatives (as stated in the topic title).

No one have anything relevant to say about this one? I thought it was a fairly well described and useful request… :confused:

Can’t say when we’ll get to it though.

Doesn’t Radarr has something like this already ?
So what it does it checks when several of the same releases are available if one of the prefer words is in it and choose then that release with the prefer words.

Oh, ok. But based on the last comment I’d have to disagree with the idea that quality should always trump preferred words. For example, with the show that I mentioned, I’d much rather have a lower quality release than unexpectedly missing subtitles. Hence I currently have to set Sonarr to prefer DVD releases over WEBDL ones for said show as while they are much lower in quality, at least I can still enjoy it in the way the creators intended (by actually being able to get all the dialogue).

But that’s a option you can choose if you’re using preferred words.

How? I’ve been through all the options and there is no such “preferred words” section… @markus101 confirmed this. In the issue page he posted, the last comment from him specifically says that if implemented, Sonarr would still prefer quality over the preferred words. I am asking that this either not be the case, or be optional.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.