Yet another permission problem but access available

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.4.1039
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.0.8.x
Debug logs:
Description of issue: Sonarr unable to access downloaded file.

Additional Information:

Moving from old server to new. Same hardware and apps but mor disk space and horsepower.

Sonarr fresh install and upgrades as well as Sabnzbd. Sonarr finds show, passes to sab, sab downloads with no errors but packed files are left hanging with sonarr giving the error of
[v3.0.4.1039] System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘/mnt/downloads/sabnzbd/complete/Bridgerton.S01E02.720p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta/e682fe77c91843afb3d2e8731dc638a5.mkv’ is denied. —> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

As you can see, the path exists and I’ve checked the permissions and the directories/files are media:8675309 same as the mount points outside of the jail, and the tv media directory. sonarr is part of the media group in

Short storie, the files can be seen in and out of the sonarr and sabnzbd directories with the /mnt/alldrives/media/downloads/sabnzbd/complete reflecting the same vis mount points.
What’s frustrating after many hours of work is that sonarr has access (as far as I can see) in and out of the sonarr jail, and sonarr in the jail is part of the media group. Also, since I have the same setup on the old server (with one caveat. I was too liberal with mixed case on the old server in paths and the new one has the same paths but all lower). I’ve gone back and forth between them looking for an error in setup but can’t find it.

This of course is a well worn subject in sonarr, radarr, insert your downloader here, and the various OS that the apps run under, but after 8-10 hours it’s time to be humble.
Any help appreciated and have a happy new year. 2021 is going to be better. I’m sure of it!

Do you use symbolic links/ shortcuts in your setup?

Yes. The same content (in the pic) is available in and out of the jail through the mount points of the jail. Permissions in and out are also set to “media” user and group. The service in sonarrs jail is run by the user sonarr who is part of the “media” group in AND out of the jail.
That group has permissions of both the temp download directory and the final destination of the tv-shows.
This is why I finally had to ask for some help. This is my second setup, and don’t see where I’m going wrong.

There might be something set up wrong with regards to the jail (user) security and the symlinks that are used.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.