Wrong Series Year on a Release

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5252
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue: Unknown Series due to wrong year in the scene release name.

Hi, first time poster, hope this is the right place, couldn’t find anywhere better.

I’m having troubles with a certain release from Vyndros, “The Resident”. They’ve titled the releases “The Resident (2017)” though it first aired in 2018. I believe they may have based it on a pilot that was released in 2017.

The torrent is named:
The Resident (2017) S02E05 (1080p AMZN WEB-DL x265 HEVC 10bit AAC 5.1 Vyndros)

The actual files are named:
The.Resident.S02E05.The.Germ.1080p.10bit.BluRay.AAC5.1.HEVC-Vyndros.mkv

Excusing the source mismatch (seems to be a once off typo this week) the torrent is flagged as Unknown Series in Sonarr. I’ve had success downloading and then doing a manual import, I assume due to the year not being included in the file name. I’ve attempted to add a scene naming exception using the form to translate “The Resident (2017)” to “The Resident”. It’s been (correctly) noted that the series did start in 2018 but I’m not sure where to go from here.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Added the alias for it, typically we don’t if the release group uses the wrong year, but in this case it’s not changing every season they’re just confused.

The fact that they mangled the source sets a fantastically low bar, but that’s p2p release groups in a nutshell.

Great, can already see it matching in app. Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.