Wrong Series Name and Description

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5228
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):5.10.1.47
Debug logs:NA
Description of issue: Not sure if this is the right place to post this issue but someone has mislabeled the show “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” as “Las Mongolshians”. The description has been changed to “Seis putillas sin autoestima que la chupan fuerte.” which is funny, but not accurate.

See screenshot.

Someone has been vandalising at the source at thetvdb.com? I noticed the same with Supergirl (“Supermonguer: Va de que una rubia la chupa fuerte”) and Daredevil (“Raidon la chupa fuerte: No te vas a llevar ni un puto euro, malnacido”), both now inappropriate as well and someone on these forums mentioned The Walking Dead did the same a few days ago.

Based on language, wanna guess it’s payback for actions relating to not being able to rename telenovelas? :
https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=51928

Looks like thetvdb is being fixed, but the vandalism campaign could go on. If you notice it’s fixed on thetvdb, just open the series in Sonarr and hit the ‘recycle’ button to “Update series info and scan disk”, which should pull back the correct metadata (I just did for Supergirl and Daredevil).

Perfect. Thanks.

Same problem, ended up registering and fixing the english translation. Updated in Plex immediately by removing the cached information by doing a dos file find search in the cache directory and refreshing metadata afterwards. Almost concerningly easy to do these things… Hope it doesn’t become a big thing to vandalize over there. May have to rely on IMDB if so.

I wasn’t aware that Sonarr would grab new series level metadata to that extent when grabbing new episodes, that was the surprise - I’ve seen vandalism over at thetvdb before, and thankfully it’s normally picked up pretty quickly.

Tempted to put a Feature Request in along the lines of ‘Lock Core Series Meta Data After Initial Seeding’ as a system default toggle to prevent perhaps Title and Description/Synopsis(/Genre? what exactly does Sonarr pull) from being updated, based on the premise that when you first add a series it’s likely ‘correct’ and it would prevent poisoning of series level data from flowing down to Sonarr/Plex/etc

ed: I can understand why Sonarr does grab new data, definitely, but perhaps the incident provides a good argument for modular control over what meta data is refreshed after initially adding a series

ed2: nm

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.