Wrong episode being matched in search

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5338

Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue: Searching for 'The Good Place S03E03, Returning S03E04
If I look here: http://thexem.de/xem/show/4511 I can see that Episode 1 and 2 are mapped to Episode 1 of the ‘master’. I imagine because 1&2 was a special aired on the same day or something?

I’ve seen two posts addressing this issue and in both the explanation given is because the above site has it mapped a certain complex way, but no explanation on how to fix this.

Is there a fix? Do I have to manually name the episodes using the map above? Is there a way that Sonnar can indicate when a show has a screwed up mapping like this, that way someone doesn’t have to find out by spoiling themselves and accidentally skipping an episode? :sweat_smile:

Thanks for any info.

Any episode that is remapped in Sonarr shows the remapped episodes in the UI when you hover over the episode number in the episode list.

The source of the release changes whether it’s “messed” up or not, most (maybe all?) HDTV sources should differ from TheTVDB, but will work with the XEM mapping, most WEB* releases will be from p2p release groups that follow the TVDB numbers and won’t work with the XEM mapping.

If you only grab HDTV releases you should be fine. If you want WEB* releases you’ll need to deal with them outside of Sonarr and import them manually to ensure they don’t use the XEM mapping.

1 Like

AWESOME. I didn’t know any of that. Thank you markus!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.