Working with a remote server

Hello,

I’m working with a remote server that handles all my downloads, storage, and media server needs. However, I would like to keep Sonarr local.

What I’m trying to figure out is how to configure Sonarr. Looking into remote path mapping and all that it seems to suggest that it is meant for seedbox that will transfer the files to the home computer once done. Am I understanding this correct?

If not what is my best way to go about this? I don’t have a lot of space locally to store my media and like this remote server because it won’t affect my internet with multiple things running and streaming at once.

Thanks,
Captain

In general yes, but also applies to Sonarr running on a different machine that the download client on the same network.

You want everything stored on the remote server?
If so, running Sonarr there would be the best solution, otherwise you may end up with files being downloaded and then uploaded back during imports, which would be a waste of time and bandwidth.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.