Won't backup from zip file

I did two clean installs this month of minibian on my raspberry pi and since those last two I was never able to use the backup files I get from the zipfiles that comes from the backup. As backup I have to copy the entire NzbDrone map from /home/pi/.config/NzbDrone. I never had this problem before and haven’t changed any way of installing. It runs while I install everything else and then for the backup I stop the service, copy the files and start the service again but if I use just the files from the zipfile, it doesn’t work.

So you can’t restore from a zip backup?
What exactly doesn’t work? Do you get an error?

No error, it just doesn’t load the backup. How long I wait or reboot my device, Sonarr stays as a clean install without shows and without settings.
It’s something that started since a month or so, never had the problem before.
So now I copy the entire map as backup.

Is is being restored to the correct location? (Under the correct user)
Do the files have the correct permissions?

When you restore a backup Sonarr reads the database and config file, same as copying the files.

It’s in the right location but the permissions could be the issue, have to look into that. Been working on some permission issues so it’s possible that it went wrong there.

So the permissions seem to be fine. I was doing a fresh install again today and I did notice that when I copy the backup files to the nzbdrone map the .db file is around 23 mb but the moment I start sonarr again the file changes back to it’s original 292 kb.

That sounds like Sonarr doesn’t see it and creates a new file. How it can’t see it, but can overwrite it is strange. If the DB was corrupt, Sonarr would fail to start.

When you restore from backup what are the permissions on the file? Is it owned by the correct user and group?

The file is owned by user pi in group pi with full permissions. Just the same as with the complete nzbdrone map I do now, and that works fine.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.