Why library folders must be writable?

The error

[Warn] NzbDroneErrorPipeline: Invalid request Validation failed:
– Folder is not writable by user me

My setup

• Sonarr on a laptop running Ubuntu Gnome 16.04
  • 3TB external HDD connected to a Mi Box 3 (Android TV)

My problem

I can read my HDD files remotely on my laptop using FTP (ES File Explorer function). Android TV somehow can’t write to NTFS disks.

I want Sonarr to check these folders and see that I already have those files. So these files would not be labeled as “Missing” on my laptop. But Sonarr won’t import TV Series from unwritable folders.

Suggestions

• Remove prerequisite “write permission” from library folders. I can manually handle copying / moving files as I have done my entirely life.
  • Check library info from Kodi to not label files as “Missing”.
  • Add remote library (via FTP, SSH, SMB, HTTP etc) and ignore copying / moving files to these folders.

P.S.: I know FTP isn’t safe. So using library info from Kodi would be the best solution.
P.S. 2: Once I get a backup device, I’ll try to find a way to make Android TV allow access through SSH or SMB.

I realized I can do so by manually editing each entry from the library and pointing to FTP mounted folder.

Anyway: it sucks!

They need to be writable so Sonarr can create new series folders if a new series is added.

Your use case is a bit outside the normal use case and not something I see us disabling the check for as the number of users with incorrect permissions that we’ve seen exceeds this use case, from what we’ve seen.

Isn’t possible to check Kodi library before labeling a file as “Missing”?

That isn’t something Sonarr will do (and not something we plan to implement).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.