White Screen after login on Mac OSX

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4326
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):4.0.3
((Debug logs)):

So, out of nowhere, I have found I can no longer see the UI after logging in. I get a blank white screen in any browser, after entering the correct username and password. Even deliberately entering the wrong username and password only gives a blank screen.

URL it gets to giving the blank screen is http://localhost:8989/login?returnUrl=/

As far as I am aware there were absolutely no changes made to the Mac Mini server I am running (I am the only admin) but it just stopped working out of the blue. I have tried deleting the logs.db and logs.db-journal files - also the nzbdrone.db and nzbdrone.db-journal files to no avail.

Sonarr downloads are still working fine, just I get a blank screen and cannot access the UI.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers!

That’s the login page, sounds like the login is failing maybe.

It’d be worth resetting your password, but first you’ll need to follow the instructions to disable authentication: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Disable-Authentication

Hi markus101,

Perfect - worked a treat. Reset authentication to none, can now access the UI. Set the username and password to the same as before and all good.

Many thanks for the quick and accurate answer.

Cheers!!

1 Like

Hi Markus101,

Unfortunately, even though this allows me access to the UI - if I then reenable authentication I have the same issue again.

Apologies for the misleading info in my previous reply - I thought it was fine after re-enabling.

I need to have authentication as the UI is shared out of my network to the greater t’interwebs.

Cheers!

Do you see the same thing if you use basic auth?
If you upgrade mono (4.6 is now available) do you see the same issue?

Saw a report of a user using Basic Auth having a similar issue yesterday, running a mono 4.0.2 and I wonder if that may be part of the issue.

Hi Markus,

So changing to Basic Auth still produced the same results. However updating to Mono 4.6 looks like it has solved the problem

Will keep an eye on it, but again thanks for your help.

Cheers!

Interesting, let us know if it returns, we have something that may be causing it which we’ll be fixing, but looking to see what is actually causing it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.