When a file is "missing" - show what path is being looked for!

This is infuriating. I’ve got a series in the correct location and mapped properly but Sonarr can’t see it. The issue I have is there’s absolutely no information about what file it’s looking for. Surely this is simple to show as an extra bit of info.

What do you mean with ‘missing’?

I mean, in this case something is clearly broken

[v2.0.0.4689] System.IO.IOException: Destination already exists [\\BEASTIE\media\TV\Booze Traveler\Booze.Traveler.S03E13.Playing.the.Booze.In.Portugal.iNTERNAL.720p.HDTV.x264-DHD.mkv]
   at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskTransferService.ClearTargetPath(String targetPath, Boolean overwrite) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskTransferService.cs:line 343
   at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskTransferService.TransferFile(String sourcePath, String targetPath, TransferMode mode, Boolean overwrite, DiskTransferVerificationMode verificationMode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskTransferService.cs:line 256
   at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskTransferService.TransferFile(String sourcePath, String targetPath, TransferMode mode, Boolean overwrite, Boolean verified) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskTransferService.cs:line 195
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.TransferFile(EpisodeFile episodeFile, Series series, List`1 episodes, String destinationFilePath, TransferMode mode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:line 118
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.MoveEpisodeFile(EpisodeFile episodeFile, LocalEpisode localEpisode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:line 78
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.UpgradeMediaFileService.UpgradeEpisodeFile(EpisodeFile episodeFile, LocalEpisode localEpisode, Boolean copyOnly) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\UpgradeMediaFileService.cs:line 66
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportApprovedEpisodes.Import(List`1 decisions, Boolean newDownload, DownloadClientItem downloadClientItem, ImportMode importMode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeImport\ImportApprovedEpisodes.cs:line 103

But when Sonarr can’t find a matching file that’s already on disk, it’s infuriating.

- tell me which file in which path so I can actually action this. Error messages should always be actionable.

With that last message Sonarr basically says ‘there’s no file in the series folder matching this episode’… It can’t give you a file name coz according to it’s information there is none. It’s like saying ‘there is no chair in this room’, I sure can’t tell you what the color is of the chair that isn’t there.
So if you want it to give you a path, then it’s your series folder.

Even when the file’s there? What if it said it’s missing Show.Name.S0xE0x?

Even if there’s a file there. Sonarr recognizes a wide variety of patterns. It won’t start spelling them out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.