V3 anime rename issues, from a recent migration

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.3.899
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): –
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/1FmqtB4f
Description of issue: Anime shows seem to have some wild renames for exisiting ones on disk

TL/DR - Do anime series have a new source for their info/metadata in v3?

Hi,

I’m sure the answer is somewhere out there, since there are hundreds of google results for similar search terms, but after reading through a few dozen, I can’t find my specific issue.

I recently updated to v3 from v2. In v2, all my TV shows and Animes were renamed and “fine” according to Sonarr v2. For both TV and Anime shows, I use the following (with Attack on Titan as example):

{Series Title} / Season {season} / {Series Title} S{season:00}E{episode:00} - {Episode Title} [{Quality Title}]

Anime/Attack on Titan/Season 1/Attack on Titan S01E01 - To You, in 2000 Years- The Fall of Shiganshina, Part 1 [HDTV-1080p].mkv

After migrating to v3, my TV shows seem fine; however, when I go to rename preview for any anime shows, I see weird errors. Sometimes it’s minor changes to episode names (Attack on Titan S03E14 wants to become “Thunder Spears” from “The Thunder Spears” for example). But sometimes it’s really big changes. In Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, it wants to rename s03e23->s03e18, s03e04->s00e05, and S03E18->S00E06. I checked a few other anime’s both old and new, and many seem to have some total re-configuring renames wanted. In once case it wanted to rename an episode from season 3 and an episode from season 2 (with different episode numbers) to the same episode in season 1.
Since these shows were all renamed, complete, and “right” under v2, and techincally they’re still named “right” on the disk (and seasons are complete), I have to wonder is v3 getting it’s anime season lists from a new source, and what can I do about it, beyond manually renaming dozens of shows? Is it looking at some absolute number despite the S00E00 format I have? Thanks.

Note: I changed logging to debug, and ran an update/scan disk on Food Wars! as well as “preview rename” those logs are all in the pastebin. I didn’t actually rename anything, nor generate errors/crashes or anything visible in the logs.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.