Use Sonarr to control a remote server

Hi,

Currently I use Sonarr on my server (well… an old pc) which works nicely. Because I use the server for more things, it constantly uses almost all of its resources (ram and cpu). So I want to offload the server a bit by using Sonarr on my Raspberry Pi.

I don’t want to use Raspberry Pi for file storage. The workflow has to be as follows:

• Sonarr on Raspberry Pi scans for new episodes
  • When found, it has to send a command / the torrent file to the torrent client on the server.
  • Sonarr has to keep track of the download progress
  • When the download is complete, Sonarr has to move the download to the appropriate folder on the server. Without temporarily downloading the completed episode to the Raspberry Pi

I was thinking of using a file storage server like NFS or SMB to mount the Completed downloads and TV Shows folders to the Raspberry Pi. The server and Raspberry Pi are on the same network.

To clearify myself:

Server                   Raspberry Pi

+------------------------------+     +------------+
|    Media    |   |  Torrent   |     |            |
|  streaming  |   |  client    |     |            |
| (e.g. Emby) |   | (rTorrent) |     +------------+
+-------------+   +------------+     |            |
|      ^                ^      |     |            |
|      |                +------------+   Sonarr   |
|      |                v      |     |            |
+------------------------------+     |            |
|                              |     +------------+
| Storage (accessible by SRV2) |     |            |
|                              |     |            |
+------------------------------+     +------------+

Is this possible and how would you tackle this?

Thanks in advance!

Shouldn’t be a problem,
I run Sonarr in a vmware and store my files on a file server.
When setting up the download client in Sonarr choose the ip where the download client is located,
in your situation your server.
When setting up where the files should be stored in Sonarr direct it to your shared path on your server.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.