Update to 3.0.6.1265 Fails on W10

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.6.1196
Description of issue: Sonarr will not update to latest release, please see updater log below. Any help appreciated!

Updater Log on Pastebin

This is probably something simple that I‘m missing. Thanks!
-Lev

[v3.0.6.1265] System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll' is denied.
   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound, WIN32_FIND_DATA& data)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
   at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.DeleteFolder(String path, Boolean recursive) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskProviderBase.cs:line 290
   at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskTransferService.MirrorFolder(String sourcePath, String targetPath) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskTransferService.cs:line 157
   at NzbDrone.Update.UpdateEngine.InstallUpdateService.Start(String installationFolder, Int32 processId) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Update\UpdateEngine\InstallUpdateService.cs:line 120

Something is locking this file, the first thing that comes to mind would be anti-virus.

Thanks, I tried running the install from within Sonarr while my anti-virus was disabled, but the UpdateLog produces the same result.

I suspect this has something to do with directory/file permissions that resulted from when I upgraded from v2 to v3. But I’m not sure what permissions to look for. I’d really like to avoid a fresh install as I had trouble getting my database to migrate from v2 to v3.

Thanks
-Lev

If you uninstall Sonarr, remove the C:\ProgramData\Sonarr\bin folder and then reinstall you won’t lose your configuration, though to be safe back up and download the backup file.

That worked, thanks! Didn’t need to use the backup file.
-Lev

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.