Update process failed: 1 is not a supported code page

Merry Xmas Guys!
Hope anyone can help me out with this one :confused:

Update process failed: 1 is not a supported code page.
Parameter name: codepage

Exception

System.ArgumentException: 1 is not a supported code page.
Parameter name: codepage
   at System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding(Int32 codepage)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipConstants.ConvertToArray(String str)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipConstants.ConvertToArray(Int32 flags, String str)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.WriteLocalEntryHeader(ZipUpdate update)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.AddEntry(ZipFile workFile, ZipUpdate update)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.RunUpdates()
   at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.CommitUpdate()
   at NzbDrone.Common.ArchiveService.CreateZip(String path, String[] files) in m:\BuildAgent\work\328d72309b633a8\src\NzbDrone.Common\ArchiveService.cs:line 55
   at NzbDrone.Core.Backup.BackupService.Backup(BackupType backupType) in m:\BuildAgent\work\328d72309b633a8\src\NzbDrone.Core\Backup\BackupService.cs:line 72
   at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.InstallUpdate(UpdatePackage updatePackage) in m:\BuildAgent\work\328d72309b633a8\src\NzbDrone.Core\Update\InstallUpdateService.cs:line 94

Merry Christmas!

Which version of Sonarr?
Which OS?
Assuming Windows, what Language settings are you using (in control panel)?

Looks like some others had this issue in another application with Hindi(India): http://community.sharpdevelop.net/forums/t/19065.aspx

OS Language: UK English
Sonarr Ver. 2.0.0.2341

any ideas anyone?

new update gives me the same error :’(

Could you PM me a copy of your database? You can find in in C:\ProgramData\NzbDrone its nzbdrone.db as well as Config.XML in the same folder.

A screenshot of the language settings in control panel as well please.

done!

Thanks for the support.

Another update, same problem.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

I did some testing with your DB and language settings, but I haven’t been able to reproduce it.

Its definitely something specific to your system (like the others in the link I posted), but I’m not sure what else to check at the moment.

Thanks Markus for the support… I will keep this updated if I manage to find what the problem is.

Strange is that I just upgraded to a new machine, and it’s clean, barely any programs installed. Can’t think of anything that might be the problem.

If any of you guys have any pointers or settings I might try to play around with, let me know.

I have tried resetting my locale/language to default US English, no go though.

Thanks again,

Jake

Finally found the problem:

Sonarr fails on taking the backup, hence not proceeding with the update. The problem here is that the zipping process is finding an invalid language. Although the profile is set to English, the process is still failing. The problem lies here: the service is running on a system level not on the profile itself.

An easy way to fix this is by stopping the windows service by doing the following: Run > “services.msc” > nzbdrone > right click > stop > right click again > properties > log on tab > log in with the profile account > start service again.

Another way to fix this is to actually change the system settings of the Windows Machine to English. This can be done from Control Panel > Region > Administrative Tab > Copy Settings.

A restart for both of the above may be required.

Jake

1 Like

Ahhh! Right, didn’t even occur to me that those would be different, but of course when the system is installed you pick a language.

Thanks for letting us know the solution!