Unmonitored After Refresh

**Sonarr version 2.0.0.5252
Windows 10

New series that I’ve added have automatically become unmonitored after a refresh. 9 of the episodes had downloaded and 1 did not but they all became unmonitored. I restored a backup and it’s still displays the same behavior. I want to unmonitor manually does anyone have any idea whats going on?

I asked this on reddit and this was the only reply
You must be running something externally that’s doing this via scripting. Sonarr doesn’t automatically unmonitor, ever.

My followup question

'm running qbittorent on another machine, SABnzbd on the server with Sonarr. I recently added torrent black hole and 2 TorrentRssIndexers ETTV and Torrent Galaxy. Can you think of anything that I might do to track down this script. If I just restart sonarr it does not unmonitor anything even though it does a refresh. What script would run after a scheduled refresh? and could I find that in the log or should I turn on debugging?

Thanks for any help

EDIT
I restored from backup this morning for the second time in as many days

The New Series that I added that were downloaded since the last refresh have become unmonitored. Series that I added in September/October do not become unmonitored after a Refresh. This is driving me nuts it’s so weird.

18-12-16 18:35:47.6|Info|RefreshSeriesService|Updating Info for A NEWSHOW
18-12-16 18:35:47.8|Info|RefreshEpisodeService|Starting episode info refresh for: [259866][A NEWSHOW]
18-12-16 18:35:48.0|Info|RefreshEpisodeService|Finished episode refresh for series: [259866][A NEWSHOW].
18-12-16 18:35:48.1|Info|DiskScanService|Scanning disk for A NEWSHOW
18-12-16 18:35:48.1|Info|DiskScanService|Completed scanning disk for A NEWSHOW
18-12-16 18:35:48.1|Info|SeriesScannedHandler|[A NEWSHOW] was recently added, performing post-add actions
18-12-16 18:35:48.5|Info|ExistingMetadataImporter|Found 0 existing metadata files
18-12-16 18:35:48.6|Info|ExistingSubtitleImporter|Found 0 existing subtitle files
18-12-16 18:35:48.6|Info|ExistingOtherExtraImporter|Found 0 existing other extra files

This would reset it based on the monitoring option you chose when you added the series, but that’d get cleared after running so it doesn’t run on the next refresh, unless it’s failing for some reason, but the logs should indicate that.

Please enable trace logging, refresh the show, upload the logs somewhere and drop a link for them here.

Did you add the series through Sonarr’s UI or via something else?

Last Night after posting my edited message it occurred to me that the problem might be permissions. So I stopped Sonarr and then restarted it as the administrator. This morning after the scheduled refresh and before I’d read your message, it did NOT unmonitor newly added shows.

One thing I didn’t think to put in my original post was that when my rebooted last week after windows update, Sonarr crashed while loading, I run Sonarr as a program and have it autostart through Windows Startup folder upon boot up. I stopped it in Task manger then I started it manually and all seemed fine. When I noticed the unmonitor behavior over the weekend it didn’t occur to me that I may need to reinstall Sonarr. I used a couple of different backups one a few days old and one a few weeks old and that had no effect on the unmonitor issue.

Do you think I should backup then reinstall then restore the database and config from the backup. Could that cause any harm. If I should reinstall, should I first uninstall or just reinstall over the current program

Thanks so much for your help, I love the program and have been using it for years problem free.

It could be permissions, though that’s a lot less common on Windows, since the DB should be writable by any user in it’s default location and there would be other issues, since virtually everything is stored in the DB.

If it’s working, I’d restart Sonarr to run as normal, add a show for testing and see how it behaves on the next refresh. I don’t think a reinstall will do much.

I upload a trace The show that disappears Is Travel ers

Trace

around line 890 it mentions
Unmonitoring all episodes in season 1
but it also unmonitors season 3 which for some reason isn’t in the log.

Thanks for the help

what options are you selecting when you add the show? there is one to not monitor previously aired episodes which is what it looks like its doing

18-12-18 15:51:37.2|Info|SeriesScannedHandler|[Travelers (2016)] was recently added, performing post-add actions
18-12-18 15:51:37.2|Debug|EpisodeMonitoredService|[Travelers (2016)] Setting episode monitored status.
18-12-18 15:51:37.3|Debug|EpisodeMonitoredService|Unmonitoring Episodes with Files
18-12-18 15:51:37.3|Debug|EpisodeMonitoredService|Unmonitoring Episodes without Files
18-12-18 15:51:37.3|Debug|EpisodeMonitoredService|Unmonitoring all episodes in season 1
18-12-18 15:51:37.4|Debug|EpisodeMonitoredService|Unmonitoring season 1 because all episodes are not monitored
18-12-18 15:51:37.4|Debug|EpisodeMonitoredService|Unmonitoring all episodes in season 2
18-12-18 15:51:37.4|Debug|EpisodeMonitoredService|Unmonitoring season 2 because all episodes are not monitored

i think the values are sticky so you may have changed it for a previous show and now its using those values for everything you add

pretty sure it will also unmonitor an ep if it reaches the cutoff quality? cant remember if theres a way to disable that

When adding a series I usually monitor future episodes and then monitor those episodes that I’d like to download.

If I add a series with future, I could always go back later and monitor episodes that had previously aired and they wouldn’t be unmonitored after a refresh. This behavior just started.

EDIT
I forgot the IT Crowds most basic advice. Have you turned it OFF and ON. While I’d restarted Sonarr multiple times and also restored from backups I’d neglected to reboot the computer. I just did that, deleted Travelers. Added it again and did a refresh and this time it did not unmonitor. I hope this solves the issue, thanks Markus and rhom for the help. I’ll post again if the issue returns

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.