Unknown series (Daily) multi parts

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5252
Description of issue: multi part daily’s failing to download due to “unknown series”, but I don’t see why sonarr shouldn’t be able to pick them up.

Part of me wishes I never give into my siblings to include dailys on my plex but I’m a softy lol, I ended up manually downloading part 1 and 2, then scanned sonarrs disk which picked them up after I included the season and episode number.

My dailys only last 2 weeks before they get removed from my server, think of them like an on-demand feature, so any solutions to make this process automatic would be great, I did check the api to see if there was a way for me to create a script to handle a custom search of these type of files but I couldn’t find anything, or maybe I’m missing something due to lack of sleep.

My idea was to have something that would allow me to

• Get data from the current wanted episode
  • Use that data to run my own search criteria
  • Download the closest available match which automatically moves/renames the file based on the episodeID or w.e in order to ensure it goes to the right place.

I’ll probably ended up with my own quirky solution to deal with this, but I thought it would be best to post here in the hopes that one of you guys have a simple solution to this or perhaps faced a similar problem.

Anyways, my bed is calling me, good night and thanks in advance for any help :slight_smile:

Okay, so I had a chance to sit down and look through a few things, my current plan is to run a script daily which will look for missing series episodes from /api/wanted/missing, in my case this is only for Eastenders and Coronation Street, and it will only work when multipart episodes appear, so, in theory I should be able to search the data for the seriesId and then grab the title of that episode as well as the series title, which should provide me with something like this.

title: 04/01/2019 | series.title: EastEnders
title: 03/01/2019 (Part 1) | series.title: EastEnders
title: 03/01/2019 (Part 2) | series.title: EastEnders

Then its just a case of running some regex to determin what missing episodes have multiple parts, next I can search jackett for the following EastEnders 03 01 2019 Part 720p WEB to get a list of all the available parts, which I then narrow down to the best result for each part.

At the moment, the only thing I am not really sure about is how to grab the hash id from qbittorrent after I’ve added it to the download list, I assume it’ll be by the torrent name.

Hopefully this helps others deal with troublesome episodes similar to this and I’ll probably attempt to build the script tomorrow when I wake, if anyone has any suggestions/idea’s I look forward to hearing them.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.