Unknown Series - Cosmos: Possible Worlds

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5338
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Debug logs:

20-3-22 12:44:39.4|Debug|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing release 'Cosmos Possible Worlds S01E01 Ladder to the Stars REPACK 1080p WEBRip x264-CAFFEiNE' from 'Jackett'
20-3-22 12:44:39.4|Debug|Parser|Parsing string 'Cosmos Possible Worlds S01E01 Ladder to the Stars REPACK 1080p WEBRip x264-CAFFEiNE'
20-3-22 12:44:39.4|Debug|Parser|Episode Parsed. Cosmos Possible Worlds - S01E01 
20-3-22 12:44:39.4|Debug|Parser|Language parsed: English
20-3-22 12:44:39.4|Debug|QualityParser|Trying to parse quality for Cosmos Possible Worlds S01E01 Ladder to the Stars REPACK 1080p WEBRip x264-CAFFEiNE
20-3-22 12:44:39.4|Debug|Parser|Quality parsed: WEBDL-1080p v2
20-3-22 12:44:39.4|Debug|Parser|Release Group parsed: CAFFEiNE
20-3-22 12:44:39.4|Debug|ParsingService|No matching series Cosmos Possible Worlds
20-3-22 12:44:39.4|Debug|DownloadDecisionMaker|Release rejected for the following reasons: [Permanent] Unknown Series

Description of issue:
Won’t let me download any episodes. Could be because the year isn’t in the naming or its similar to the first version of the show from years ago “Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey”

It did download one episode (see below) and the only difference was it has the year in the file. How do I fix it besides manually downloading and manually importing.

When adding that series, I saw there are two with the same name (thanks, tvdb…).

The “incorrect” one shows this for all results when performing a manual search:
Cosmos Possible Worlds matches an alias for series with TVDB ID: 378214

When adding the one with that tvdb id, sonarr can download releases because as it says, the alias is linked to it. Maybe you also have the “bad” series added?

Oh for heaven’s sake, this is the TVDB playing silly buggers again. Cosmos: Possible Worlds did exist there, but no longer does - it’s now just season 2 of Cosmos. Possible Worlds still turns up in Sonarr’s search, presumably due to caching issues. And to further complicate matters, the scene uploads are for Cosmos Possible Worlds season 1, not Cosmos season 2, so Sonarr won’t be able to find Cosmos season 2 and they’ll all have to be downloaded and imported manually. Unless this can be sorted out with XEM, but I don’t know if it allows episode mappings between two different series. I’m guessing not.

Edit: Apparently the XEM mapping does work, because Sonarr is correctly identifying the episodes as Cosmos season 2. At least some kind of sanity is in operation on this side of things, if not on the TVDB side. I still had to manually search for the episodes, though - Sonarr’s search didn’t pick them up.

The TVDB is having real issues recently making up their minds about things like which season, and now apparently even which series, episodes belong in. I won’t be at all surprised if these episodes switch back and forth a few more times between series before they finally decide.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.